How young to start kids in archery

vlad

Banned
Thanks. Sounds like good advice. I sometimes struggle with putting to much emphasis on learning and not enough on fun.

well i guess kids will practice for hrs so long they have having a blast.

this is so cool, that little blonde girl seem to be doing well. i bet she got a good teacher, my son is only 3 and i cant wait till we try this together.

Thank you. She is little older now and flat out shoots. Form for her and her sister came easy. They have been told a 1000 times, hold the bow like holding an egg. She was white knuckling in the pic :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SquidHC

Lil-Rokslider
My daughter is 4 (almost 5) and she's been shooting since she was 3. She's just got a Bear 1st Shot, but she loves it. I think the most important advice I can give is to have realistic expectations. I shoot a ton of 3D, and I take my son on my back and my daughter carries her bow. Some days I end up carrying them both, some days she's leading the way and shooting at everything. Sometimes she get's hurt, or just doesn't want to hike, and we call it early and go home way earlier than I want to. What happens doesn't matter to me, so long as she's enjoying herself. If you push them, or force them, you will loose them.

I also spend a ton of time in the woods with them. We mainly go hiking/mushroom hunting/fishing. It's a great way for them to learn observational skills.

ff97cc966ed7570e14304d0653633e2c.jpg

I shoot leagues with my son on my back. This is us at NW mountain challenge this year. I killed my deer with him on my back last year. Start em young.
fc27f640a3251f9fb7cb9bc90abeb6fb.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Last edited: