Howa 1500 stock options

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
Best option, McMillan or Manners. The McMillan hunters edge I just put on my long action is 11 oz lighter than a B&C. The B&C is a decent stock, an upgrade over factory, and if weight isn’t as important probably a good choice but if you want the best it is going to start with an M.

Howa used to make their Alpine Mountain rifle that came with a lightweight stock, not sure if they have any left to sell you individually.

The Bell and Carlson stocks that come on Weatherby Vanguard Backcounty and Wilderness rifles have a carbon inlay and weigh significantly less than the other ones.

Just found the weights, these are my measurements.

Bell and Carlson S/A standard 2 lb 5 oz
Bell and Carlson L/A carbon 1 lb 8 oz

Weatherby Vanguard S/A factory 2 lb 4 oz

chefcreed

FNG
The H.S. Precision Howa SA is 2.35 #. I picked up a used one to replace the Hogue but haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet. Overall definitely feels like an improvement over the Hogue, which honestly is a lot better than most factory plastic options.

aidan_downey

Lil-Rokslider
I would recommend Manners or McMillan. I dont know about you but after optics and bipod my howa is not the lightest thing on the mountain and for me I think the price difference on weight alone is worth the upgrade to the McMillan's or Manner's compared to B&C.

left hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if they are gonna sale the stock separately or not but they just announced an all carbon fiber stocked howa. The mini version is stated at 4 pounds 10 ounces so I would assume the stock is pretty dang light!. It’s called the carbon stalker

B23

WKR
I don't think you can ever go wrong with Mcm or Manners they're pretty much the gold standard and what everyone else tries to compare themselves to.