Sold Howa Alpine 6.5 Creedmoor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I am selling a used Howa Alpine Mountain Rifle with a few scrapes in the stock. I bought this off of the used rack at Scheels about 8 months ago and know absolutely nothing about its history. It has the DBM with a 5-round magazine and a 10-round magazine. I need $875 shipped and insured. The rifle will include none of the attached accessories in the photos. It will be just the rifle with the two magazines.

With two different shooters, it shot Hornady 147 grain ELD Match into separate groups ranging from 1/2 inch for one shooter (not me) to 1 1/2 (me). The groups with the ELDM averaged just over an inch.
I shot one group with handloads for my Ruger American Predator which grouped like crap. The best groups it got were from Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X. In the picture below you will see a picture of the target with the first round low and right, away from the others. I made one adjustment, and fired the four-shot group you see.

j8V7kmqm.jpg

cqjbpNsm.jpg
[/quote]

1YmZYrem.jpg

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Love these rifles. If you can find them, they sell for over $1k these days. That Bansner stock is the best stock I've ever handled. Had one of these rifles in 7mm-08 that I still miss some days. Good luck with your sale. If I were a 6.5 CM guy I'd jump on this.

OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
As promised I did a Google search and what I could find says 5.7 pounds. I have a couple of calls out to see if anybody I know has a scale other than a bathroom scale Bones.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
As promised I did a Google search and what I could find says 5.7 pounds. I have a couple of calls out to see if anybody I know has a scale other than a bathroom scale Bones.
5.7 sounds about right. I wonder if that's with the original bottom metal or the plastic DBM though. That original hinged floorplate was first class, but it was very heavy. I think it was 8 oz. by itself.

I'll say that Bansner stock and the recoil pad they used soaks up recoil like nobody's business. Would be the perfect rifle for a woman or a youngster or anyone who wants an ultralight rifle that's easy on the shoulder.

OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'll always entertain trade offers. Heck, the worse I would do is to politely respond "no thank you".

OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Neither a 300 blackout nor another AR interest me; but, I do appreciate the offer. I'm in Billings, MT.

Status
Not open for further replies.