WTS Howa Alpine Mountain Rifle 7/08 - Like new

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I am selling my, like new, Howa Alpine Mountain Rifle in 7-08. I am the original owner of this rifle. It was taken to the range once and hunting a couple of days and has sat inside the gun cabinet ever since. Unless you count the two rounds it took me to zero, I never had a group larger than 1 moa, including at 200 yards. The trigger came set at 2.5# which was perfect as that is where I set all of mine. I had some factory ammo, Federal Premium with 140 gr. Barnes TSX and 4 different handloads from other rifles. My last group of the day was an afterthought of ammo I had loaded for a different 7-08 that I have since sold. So I thought, "what the heck". That shot 2 five round, 200 yard group, that measured 1.724" and 1.590". Anyway, it has fired less than 40 rounds. The scope and rings in the photo below are not included. I need $775 shipped and insured at my expense. By the way, someone might ask that last load. It was as follows:

New Winchester brass.
140 Gr. Nosler Accubonds
2.80 C.O.A.L.
Fed 210 primer
45.5 grains of IMR 4350

C4QQ2bal.jpg

Last edited:

Andy S.

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking rifle, great caliber. Raised cheek piece? Hinged floor plate? Barrel twist? Any idea what it weighs, bare rifle?

OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Andy S. they did not make these with a raised cheek piece. It does have hinged floor plate. I have no idea as to barrel twist or weight on these; but, that information is all over the internet.

This rifle has sold and is heading to Alaska.