Howdy from Western Colorado

I’ve lurked around for a long time and have watched some Rokslide video reviews. Figured I would go ahead and join up finally. I’m a transplant to the Grand Junction area from Virginia. Lived a few years in Pagosa Springs before moving to the Western Slope. Retired soldier (26 years active duty). Fell in love with the Rockies some years ago while stationed at Fort Carson. Moved back after having had my fill of the DC Beltway madness.
Still actively working as a contractor in the SOF Community.
I’m fairly deeply involved as a Brand Ambassador with a backcountry-focused company in GJ…Hill People Gear.
I only recently became aware of the thread and controversy surrounding Seek Outside. I know that thread is locked down now, but after having read all of that…I will no longer support that company.
Anyway…that is what prompted me to want to join this forum. I hunt elk, mule deer, bear, and trout fish. I mountain bike, packraft, backcountry ski, and do some easy mountaineering. My past injuries from combat zones, heavy rucks, and falling out of airplanes come back to haunt me now, but I still get after it as best I can.
Much obliged for bringing me on board.