Howdy ho from Colorado

Hey! Just found this forum, the rokslide community is really helpful! Originally from Newaygo County, MI, moved to the Gunnison County, CO several years ago and am getting back into hunting. Turns out high alpine hunting is a different game than MI whitetail hunting and I've got a lot to learn. Looking forward to good discussion and all the sweet podcasts.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Welcome! I'm a new guy from Iowa, but I've hunted out near Gunnison a few times. Beautiful country for sure! Great part of the state to be in!

Starbux

FNG
Welcome. That area is beautiful out there. I was going to try to pick up a Gunnison area leftover deer tag (Long shot I know) but I want to be back in Illinois for the whitetail rut this year. I guess I’ll pick up a plains deer tag or second season somewhere else.

OP
R
Welcome! I'm a new guy from Iowa, but I've hunted out near Gunnison a few times. Beautiful country for sure! Great part of the state to be in!

Love it here. Short summers mean we gotta make the most of every day!

Welcome. That area is beautiful out there. I was going to try to pick up a Gunnison area leftover deer tag (Long shot I know) but I want to be back in Illinois for the whitetail rut this year. I guess I’ll pick up a plains deer tag or second season somewhere else.

Sounds like it'll all work out. Plenty of deer out here for when you do make it out!