Howlforwildlife.org

Rob5589

WKR
All, a new .org has come on the scene to help hunters and hunting. The site makes it stupid easy to send off emails to the various depts, officials, etc, to voice opposition to the attacks on hunting. Currently, CA, WA, AZ, VT, CO, and NH are under attack by anti hunting groups.

You can sign up or not, either way your voice will be heard. It is entirely free to sign up and you'll receive emails regarding anti hunting proposals.

You can listen to the latest huntingainteasy podcast with the .org's founder.

I have no affiliation but, living in California we are constantly under attack and can use all the help we can get.

Last edited:

smeckert

FNG
This organization has made it easy to get involved. They include links for viewing and participating in committee hearings in addition to the usual petition signings.

I do wonder if there's an issue with everyone sending the same message. I know in some scenarios, only "unique" comments are considered when they look at for/opposed stats.

OP
Rob5589

Rob5589

WKR
I do wonder if there's an issue with everyone sending the same message. I know in some scenarios, only "unique" comments are considered when they look at for/opposed stats.
Good question. I'm assuming that the sheer number of emails has to have some significance. I do believe you can free type in your own message if preferred.

This needs to be back up.
Individual letters/email is better but make sure it’s professional. The form letter is fine and helps. I was told that sharing the appreciation for the privilege to hunt is always good.

ehayes

FNG
Great website. I especially appreciate the message that it is important to help out hunters everywhere, not just in your own state. I wouldn't know about some of the issues HOWL posts about if not for HOWL.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks @Rob5589 for posting this.

for those that missed it, Rokslide is an official supporter of HOWL. Discussion here:

chindits

WKR
Journal of Mountain Hunting did a podcast on HOWL see below.

The thing that struck me most is anti hunting organizations are national power houses that focus on implementing their views on state legislatures or ballot initiatives in a united force . Meanwhile most hunting organizations are focused on a specific aspect of hunting not on the big picture until it affects them. To make it worse, some local hunting organizations explore divisive issues that alienate hunters because of their method of take. I completely stepped away from my local group when they explored prohibiting range adjustable sights for bows and muzzle loaders instead of focusing on habitat improvement. Divided we fall, united we might maintain a little of what we got.

luckyluciano2

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Just saw this. They are not all the same message. The system has tons of randomized emails for each action and the email doesn't come from Howl it comes from you directly with a different random subject line as well. Plus you have the ability to edit the message to make it your own. But yes you are right canned emails coming from one org gets ignored fairly quickly

Just saw this. They are not all the same message. The system has tons of randomized emails for each action and the email doesn't come from Howl it comes from you directly with a different random subject line as well. Plus you have the ability to edit the message to make it your own. But yes you are right canned emails coming from one org gets ignored fairly quickly
Yeah I noticed the multiple emails with the recent RETURN act action. I usually go in and edit a thing or two anyway. Very impressed with how well Howl seems to be working.

luckyluciano2

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
They had the TRCP guy on the MeatEater podcast; I think he would disagree with you.
We have developed several relationships with decision makers all of them have said the same thing, once we see the same email come across a number of times they instruct their interns etc. to filter them. and yes they are counted but definitely don't hold the same weight

We have developed several relationships with decision makers all of them have said the same thing, once we see the same email come across a number of times they instruct their interns etc. to filter them. and yes they are counted but definitely don't hold the same weight

That's disconcerting.

Dkathman5

FNG
Howl is working and has been to create handfuls of different emails, with different titles and verbiage as templates for folks to utilize and help them write to fish and wildlife commissions, state representatives etc.

They talk about all that in this podcast. Some good information on what Howl is doing for conservation, and to help make it easy for sportsman to act, who to contact and how.

Dkathman5

FNG
No problem! They also just posted an example on their howl instagram, seems like they’re doing it right.

bucko

FNG
We need help in Oregon also, HB3390

Prohibits sale, offer for sale or trade of fur product in State of Oregon.