How's your 2021 application season going?

WKR

WKR
Pulled a New Mexico rifle pronghorn tag that had a 2% chance then found out this morning I got my Nevada early rifle cow elk tag with 2 points, only had a 14% chance to draw according to toprut. So I'm doing pretty good so far this year and got a busy hunting season ahead. I'm looking forward to it though.

Anybody else getting good results so far?

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I’ve drawn everything I’ve applied for.
WA spring bear
WA multi season deer
MT non resident deer elk combo
ID mountain goat

I’m rethinking WY antelope and WA applications. Plate is already pretty full. Should be a pretty epic year.
I'm in the same boat with wyoming and my home state of CA. I really wanted to hunt WY deer this year but I think I'm going to push it off til 2022. And well CA ill just put in for a tag I know i won't get and hunt otc blacktails when I have time.

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
Struck out on all species here in New Mexico 😡. I decided not to apply to Wyoming with the uncertainty of fire season next fall but hoping archery deer in Kansas comes through.

@NorCalBowHuntr916 which unit did you draw for pronghorn?

Drew Wyoming cow elk at 38%, goose egg in Nevada. Just Idaho and California left but it’s single digit odds for Idaho and less than 1% in CA so I’m not holding my breath. Already got an OTC Idaho deer tag on the fridge so it’ll be a good year.

Fatcamp

WKR
SD Spring Turkey
SD Paddlefish
SD Archery Deer X2 is a given

SD Elk, Deer and WY Deer upcoming. Odds for an elk tag are very low as are WY deer. SD deer not much better. Could be epic or a goose egg. The coyotes are really hoping we draw deer tags because if we don't they will be our primary target.

Reactions: WKR
Pulled a NM Bull and Deer tag...withdrew my WY Elk app, will be collecting points in the other states I usually apply. My vacation balance can't afford another tag.

O fer in wy, az, nv, and nm so far but that was expected. Hoping to pull a CO elk tag but if that fails I’ll probably turn to WY antelope or MD.

bnsafe

WKR
still waiting, have co moose and elk, along with wy for my son if he would draw. mo elk and bear but those odds are so long I dont count them

Northpark

WKR
Pretty much nothing for me. 0 in NV, 0 in UT, no CO sheep or goat, only Moose left in CO but those are poor odds. Did draw a AZ antlerless elk tag, should have a decent chance at a coues deer rifle tag and have OTC archery deer tag and bear tag. Going back to CO for OTC 3rd rifle with some family but honestly am not buying a tag just helping get some newbie elk hunters out. Be my last year hunting otc in CO unless something changes with the the whole situation.

Overall quiet year for me. Might book a TX whitetail hunt or something.

NoWiser

WKR
Wyoming general elk with 4 points so that was no surprise. I’ve struck out across the board so far, otherwise.

No tags here in my home state of NM. No tags in Arizona, Nevada, Utah. Hopefully CO throws me a deer tag next week.

Mosby

WKR
I don't expect to draw an elk tag this year. Planning on a bunch of bird hunting and whitetail in states where I can get an over the counter license. I have stopped sending money to states with less than a 10% chance of drawing a tag and paying for a license I will never use. Used that money to buy a started GSP last year and pay for a new Vizsla pup next.

FLAK

WKR
I'm 100%,,havent drawn anything.
There's a couple muzzleloader hunts in Id., I would like to
apply for but i cant figure out how to get components out
there since they're almost nonexistent and I cant fly with
the powder and caps i do have.
I'm thinking like Mosby.

Edit: I changed my mind. Just looked at Idaho's new NR prices.
Absolutely ridiculous. $80 for a Muzzleloader permit? 650 for Elk?
+ the hunting license and app fees? All for public land.
NO THANKS!!

Last edited:

IsThisHeaven

Lil-Rokslider
I applied for a couple tags in Wyoming. Hoping to get drawn there, then done with preference points. I'm tapping out of buy points and applying for expensive non-resident tags. I have a couple bird dogs in their prime. Planning to run them a bunch as usual and hunt deer here.

My thoughts are similar to Flak and Mosby. Spending money on a started GSP and a new pup is a way better use money than the mediocre tags I applied for.