How’s your fuel prices

RO1459

FNG
Diesel is $2.49 here in Chattanooga area. That's up $.20 in a week.

11boo

WKR
We are up almost a buck. Energy production which was big here, is now dead. Draw your own conclusions.

Oil is $60/barrel right now. Prices here are similar to what they were before Saudi and Russia started their pissing match and Covid came along and tanked it all.

$2.69 gas. $2.99 Diesel.
Ok so learn me this and i get supply and demand. But correct me if I am wrong. Few years ago when diesal hit around 5 wasnt oil dam near 100/barreo so if its still only 60/barrel why so fast of a spike?

2.19 gas and 2.39 to 2.85 diesel in KC depends how hard you want to hunt on GasBuddy app. I didn’t have time to drive to north side before work so I paid 2.85 yesterday.

What’s the haul road prices north of Fairbanks?

Rich M

WKR
Up to $2.69. Up $0.65 since he got in office.

That's about $13 more to fill a 20 gal can.

lab-roamer

Lil-Rokslider
Seems to be going up weekly in .20 cent increments. As a small business owner who burns diesel fuel I'm already feeling it and its not even summer yet. I would imagine I'll have some pissed off customers when I tac on a fuel surcharge if it gets over $4 a gallon.

Up here too...what's the saying.."Elections have consequences". Couple pipeline closures and drilling restriction with a $15 minimum wage...me thinks we have yet to see real price increases....cost of everything will be up by 20% by summer...expensive ammo is going to be the least of our worries.

Ok so learn me this and i get supply and demand. But correct me if I am wrong. Few years ago when diesal hit around 5 wasnt oil dam near 100/barreo so if its still only 60/barrel why so fast of a spike?
Oil peaked around $145/barrel (WTI price) in July 2008. Diesel peaked around the same time at roughly $4.70/gal (national average, local prices vary). Diesel (and gasoline) prices tend to track with oil prices, but it's not a rigidly fixed relationship and oil isn't the only input cost in fuel production.

Inflation often gets overlooked when trying to make sense of price behavior. From July 2008 to now, the dollar supply (M2) has grown by a factor of approximately 2.5. Again, there are no rigidly fixed ratios, but the more dollars there are in circulation, the more dollars it generally takes to buy stuff.

None of these individual factors fully explains the recent rise in fuel prices, but they all do have an impact. My guess is that this is mostly being driven by fuel usage increasing worldwide as COVID hysteria wanes and people become more willing to travel. Federal political posturing in the US hasn't yet appreciably affected oil/fuel markets, but it eventually could if the feds make good on their threats to further limit/tax/regulate fossil fuels in the name of "addressing" climate change.

tdhanses

WKR
2.19 gas and 2.39 to 2.85 diesel in KC depends how hard you want to hunt on GasBuddy app. I didn’t have time to drive to north side before work so I paid 2.85 yesterday.

What’s the haul road prices north of Fairbanks?
Sam’s club has diesel for $2.59 in Lenexa, they seem to be $0.20 cheaper then all the service stations and tons get it there so seems to always be fresh, have to be a member. Over on the MO side they seem to be $0.15 cheaper.

Premium gas is almost $3.

Mosby

WKR
Sam's Club consistently has the cheapest prices around Kansas City, especially for diesel. Casey's is my primary option in rural Missouri, especially where they take the Hy Vee fuel saver card.

I filled up my wife's car a few days ago for $1.57 at a Casey's. Their gas was $2.29 at the pump and I got $.72 off with my HV card. I work the system $1 at a time.