How’s your fuel prices

I work in a county that has several refineries yet the area has some of the highest prices. Never made sense to me either.
What's your state tax on fuel? I used to live in a state with lots of refineries...turns out also one of the highest state taxes on fuel. That state was .36 a gallon tax current state I live in is .22 a gallon tax. I move a total of 10 miles...lol

Found gas today without a line...2.79 for regular.

Rob5589

WKR
What's your state tax on fuel? I used to live in a state with lots of refineries...turns out also one of the highest state taxes on fuel. That state was .36 a gallon tax current state I live in is .22 a gallon tax. I move a total of 10 miles...lol

Found gas today without a line...2.79 for regular.
Just looked it up. For all the taxes and various fees it is 1.20 estimated per gallon. Pretty awesome :rolleyes:

State and sales tax are around 60 cents per gallon

You can always hedge rising fuel prices with stocks, futures or options of fuel indexes or companies that correlate to oil/gas. I haven't done it this year myself (kicking myself I didn't), but I think 2006 or 07 when gas prices were crazy, I bought options on USO (United States Oil) and made way more money on that, than spent on gas and I was driving a ton, which prompted my interest.

I did this calculation for my scenario going back to 2005. Even messing with the inputs (which one wouldn't have the luxury of doing as you're going) I couldn't get it to come out ahead, it was always a loss. I like the idea, though.

Поэтому я установил солнечные батареи на крыше своего дома уже около двух лет и езжу на электромобиле. Так что мне не нужно думать о росте цен на бензин и постоянно бушевать по этому поводу. Мы живем в 21 веке, мне кажется устанавливать солнечные панели не так уж и дорого, но экономия колоссальная! Если ценник все еще беспокоит вас, вы можете искать компании, которые продают их дешевле. Я могу отправить вам веб-сайт: https://www.simplyswitch.com/energy/guides/find-the-cheapest-gas-and-electricity-provider/. Здесь, на этом сайте, вы можете найти поставщика на любой вкус и ценник.

Last edited:

Sled

WKR
So I installed solar panels on the roof of my house for about two years now, and I drive an electric car. So I don't have to think about rising gasoline prices and rage about it constantly.

interesting activism/marketing for your first post. where's the link to where we can buy your product?

WCB

WKR
bounces between 2.69 and 2.85 Central MN....sometimes on the same day....Hey at least peoples feelings aren't getting hurt and Russia can sell more oil.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Just paid $2.59 for regular 87 octane in Summerville, SC.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Im
b0677016f0c3f3bd3c8101570bd51cd8.jpg

Im dropping a load right now and the clerk about to raise this price in a second. Oakley , CA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

260madman

WKR
we are up to $2.89 locally. WTI is $71.50/brl. just wait until we get more federal fuel tax to pay for the “infrastructure” projects they have lined up for us. Shovel ready I’m sure. I think I’ve heard of this before...

Rob5589

WKR
$4.25 a gallon now, thanks California… $100 won’t even fill my tank.

Fill it half way. It'll make you feel better 😁
Im
b0677016f0c3f3bd3c8101570bd51cd8.jpg

Im dropping a load right now and the clerk about to raise this price in a second. Oakley , CA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's brutal right now. Even the Arco at Bridgehead and Main street has jumped on the expensive bandwagon. Costco is about the only thing "cheap" any more.