Hoyt 80 limbs?

Hey guys does anyone know if there is a way to order 80lb limbs for a carbon spyder 34? OR can you create a Frankenstein and put 70lb turbo limbs on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick1

WKR
A couple of different ways to go about it. One is to go to an authorized Hoyt dealer and order the limbs through them. If that particular bow was designed for 80lb limbs they should be able to order them for you. If that particular bow was not designed for 80lb limbs they likely won't help you out as they are not often a fan of said frankenbows. Another approach is to call Hoyt directly and ask them for the limb deflection number that have on your existing limbs, and a higher deflection number for the 80lb limbs, then source them yourself online.

Maverick1

WKR
Specific to the carbon spyder 34 it appears they were made as an 80 lb limb so you should be able to order them through a dealer or online. Putting 70 lb limbs from the turbo on that riser may give you more or less draw weight than the 80 lbs. really depends on the deflection number (stiffness) of the limbs. To be sure call Hoyt and ask them the deflection number for the 80lb spyder turbo limbs and the deflection number for the 70lb turbo version's limbs.

I have a Hoyt Vector 32, which I put vector turbo limbs on a while back. Doing so resulted in a peak draw weight of 86lbs. I now call it my Hoyt Vector 32 turbo.

AbSandy

FNG
Hey Cody,
I currently have the 80lb limbs and I want the 70lb limbs. Id be willing to sell or trade if that works.

AbSandy

FNG
Hey guys does anyone know if there is a way to order 80lb limbs for a carbon spyder 34? OR can you create a Frankenstein and put 70lb turbo limbs on?

P

[/
Hey Cody,
I currently have the 80lb limbs and I want the 70lb limbs. Id be willing to sell or trade if that works.

Jimbob

WKR
email hoyt and see what limb deflection you need to get the poundage you want. Also check to see if your limbs are "notched" or drilled. Some limbs have a hole drilled in the top of them that fit into a metal projection in your limb pocket other limbs are notched on the side where they go into the limb pocket. You need to tear your bow down to see what you need.

Multiple bow models use the same limbs so you can swap if you don't care about what is says on them.

I have faktor limbs on my carbon spyder turbo