Hoyt Arrow Rack 2 Piece Quiver????

I just ordered a new Spyder 30, and am debating whether I should use the Tightspot quiver I already have or try a new Hoyt Arrow Rack 2 Piece quiver. I hardly ever take them off my bow, so that is not an issue.

Has anyone tried one of these?

Do you know how much they would weigh?

If they are quiet, hold the arrows well, and weigh less than the Tightspot, I would be really interested in trying them.

6t4nova

WKR
I saw one of them yesterday while at the bow shop. The Hoyt rep said they were designed similar to the tight spot. For me, it wasn't enough to switch. They were nice and light though.

OP
Bowhuntr64
I saw one of them yesterday while at the bow shop. The Hoyt rep said they were designed similar to the tight spot. For me, it wasn't enough to switch. They were nice and light though.

Yeah, the once piece ones look just like a Tightspot...but I am curious about the two piece ones.

JNDEER

WKR
I have not seen them. I have the original two peice on my bow. The only way the two peice will be lighter is if they manage to make the attachments peices lighter. Lightening the hood peices will do nothing. The bow attachment parts are what weigh a ton.

J-Daddy

WKR
They lightened up the mounting hardware AND the hood!!! pretty cool piece of equipment!!!

Evan, is there any chance you could weigh one of them and a TightSpot and post up the weights??? I like my TightSpots but if I can cut weight hanging off the side of my bow I might go with a Hoyt quiver.

OP
Bowhuntr64
Evan, is there any chance you could weigh one of them and a TightSpot and post up the weights??? I like my TightSpots but if I can cut weight hanging off the side of my bow I might go with a Hoyt quiver.

Evan hasn't even seen the new Hoyt 2 piece yet. They are on backorder with Hoyt. I have one ordered thru Evan, though. As soon as he get's them in, I am sure he will post the specs. He has seen the new Hoyt compact one piece, and said great things about it.

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
I went from a two piece Octane to a Tightspot this year. Huge difference as far a hand torque goes. I wouldn't switch.

OP
Bowhuntr64
I went from a two piece Octane to a Tightspot this year. Huge difference as far a hand torque goes. I wouldn't switch.

That's interesting. I have heard that the Hoyt 2 piece can sit even close to the bow than the Tightspot. I am not really sure about the Octane. Thanks for the feedback.

My Tightspot has some "wiggle" to it, even after it is locked down. Also, the locking lever does not close all the way, unless I move it away from the riser about an extra half inch; it hits the dovetail piece that mounts to the bow. That's why I wonder if a two piece, designed by Hoyt would be quieter and cause less torque. I also think it could be lighter to not have such long carbon rods.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not with the masses on the Tight Spot. I think they vibrate during the shot because it is a one piece with only one mount to the bow. I have always found the Hout / Fuse two piece quivers quieter and less vibration than the tight spots.

OR Archer

WKR
My Tightspot has some "wiggle" to it, even after it is locked down. Also, the locking lever does not close all the way, unless I move it away from the riser about an extra half inch; it hits the dovetail piece that mounts to the bow. That's why I wonder if a two piece, designed by Hoyt would be quieter and cause less torque. I also think it could be lighter to not have such long carbon rods.

If you are having trouble with the locking lever you can take the mounting bracket and flip it around. That will probably give you the clearance you need to lock it down all the way. Also you can adjust the tension on the locking lever as well to get rid of the "wiggle".

weaver

WKR
I am not with the masses on the Tight Spot. I think they vibrate during the shot because it is a one piece with only one mount to the bow. I have always found the Hout / Fuse two piece quivers quieter and less vibration than the tight spots.

Same here. Much prefer a 2 piece to a tightspot.

I had my hands on the new Hoyt arrow rack last weekend...sorry guys no chance to scale them VS the Tight Spot but I am trying to get some specs. I haven't had any issues with my Tight Spots causing more vibration or being louder than a 2 pc but I make sure the rubber on the vertical rod is contacting my roller guard that gives me two points of contact with my bow.

That being said YES I did run a 2 pc Pro-series quiver this year to play with some new things.

OP
Bowhuntr64
I had my hands on the new Hoyt arrow rack last weekend...sorry guys no chance to scale them VS the Tight Spot but I am trying to get some specs. I haven't had any issues with my Tight Spots causing more vibration or being louder than a 2 pc but I make sure the rubber on the vertical rod is contacting my roller guard that gives me two points of contact with my bow.

That being said YES I did run a 2 pc Pro-series quiver this year to play with some new things.

Hey Evan. Next time I come into your shop, maybe you can help me figure out how to make my Tightspot more secure than it is now. However, it will be on my AM32, cause now I am excited to get a new Hoyt Arrow Rack 2 piece and give it a whirl :)

J-Daddy

WKR
I hadn't looked at the new Hoyt Arrow Rack until I saw this thread...I went over to their site and looked at it yesterday...Styling wise Hoyt dropped the ball on that hood, all their stuff normally looks good as well as working good but that thing is freakin ugly, lol. It might be the greatest quiver ever made, but it doesn't look the part.

OP
Bowhuntr64
I hadn't looked at the new Hoyt Arrow Rack until I saw this thread...I went over to their site and looked at it yesterday...Styling wise Hoyt dropped the ball on that hood, all their stuff normally looks good as well as working good but that thing is freakin ugly, lol. It might be the greatest quiver ever made, but it doesn't look the part.

That's funny. I actually thought it looked good :)

OP
Bowhuntr64
Here is a pic of the Arrow Rack lineup for 2013. Simple look...but I wouldn't call it ugly :)

Attachments

• acc-quivers-main.jpg
    acc-quivers-main.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 52