Hoyt Carbon Element

GG9

FNG
Hello folks,

Being new to the archery game and having a BassPro Kryptec bow that I have learned to shoot I am looking to upgrade. I have a friend that just bought a new Matthews bow and is looking to sell me his older Hoyt Carbon Element. Its a 2011 bow with the Fuel cams that is in great shape from my newbie eyes and it is also in my draw length.

When I asked him how much he was looking to get out of it he just asked me to make an offer. Looking on Ebay and the like I see that bare bows generally go for around $250-300. I would like to know what would be a fair offer to make for the bow, an older "7 deadly pins" sight that needs new fiber for the pins, 1 dozen FMJ arrows and a hard SKB case. The only wear on the bow is on the grip where your thumb and index finger make contact with the bow while at full draw. Of note, he takes fantastic care of his gear.

Any advice on what in particular to look for would be great. I am also going to take it to a shop and have them do a once over on it but the nearest shop too me worth a hoot in an hour drive so just wanted to see if there was anything obvious I should look for before making the trip?

Thanks guys.

I think assuming the dozen arrows are straight, it's a good skb case, and sight isn't rusted up $600-650 is pretty fair for it. Might consider if it has new or worn out strings on it.

The fiber optic probably doesn't need to be replaced. I just pull it out through the pins a little and cut it. The end of the fibers get dirty.

My 2011 Hoyt Carbon Element was the most difficult bow I owned in nearly 50 years of bowhunting for me to shoot accurately under mountain bowhunting conditions. I was super happy to sell it for $600 when it was a few years old. The valley seemed extremely short etc. Arrows typically didn’t hit behind the pin for me. By the way mine was set at 29” draw and 62#s. I’ve since had great success with a 35” axle to axle Prime Rival at 65#s. Good luck!

jmez

WKR
$5-600. You need to check your draw length, if it is different than his the arrows may not work for you.

Element is a good bow.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Bow is going on 9 yrs old. Part of the grip is worn from lots of shooting. Who cares about the sight, that has nothing to do with the bow and unless you really, really, really want to use that sight (and the FMJ arrows) bare bow price of $250 is more than reasonable, otherwise tell him good luck in finding someone willing to part with $650. The extras are forcing you to use what your friend liked.

$650 will buy a hell of a nice bow a couple of years old...

87TT

WKR
X2 on $250. If he really is a buddy he should take a lot less or just give it to you.

jmez

WKR
The finish on the grip on carbon bows starts to show wear after about 100 shots. Normal on them. You'll be hard pressed to find a used Element for less than $400.

OP
G

GG9

FNG
Just wanted to give an update. Bow with sight, drop away rest, stabilizer and 40 Easton FMJ arrows for $400.