Hoyt Carbon RX-3!

TheTone

WKR
I really like the specs of the RX3 ultra, but can't see myself purchasing another new bow after I just did this year.

Beendare

WKR
Oh man, you are shooting a Katera? Forget what I said about not upgrading. /Sarcastic grin

Yeah, I'm talking about the power of compounded interest and investments. I had no idea the money I saved and property I bought decades ago would be worth what it is now. A little bit of restraint and saving while you are young makes a huge difference 30 years from now. If you want to be comfortable later in life its all about acquiring 'Appreciating' assets.

A $1,500 compound is a 'depreciating' asset.....

FWIW, I'm not knocking Hoyt...love the company......but this bow ain't $1500 [inc acc] better than the bows 5 years ago.

OP
Jacob Chapman
Oh man, you are shooting a Katera? Forget what I said about not upgrading. /Sarcastic grin

Yeah, I'm talking about the power of compounded interest and investments. I had no idea the money I saved and property I bought decades ago would be worth what it is now. A little bit of restraint and saving while you are young makes a huge difference 30 years from now. If you want to be comfortable later in life its all about acquiring 'Appreciating' assets.

A $1,500 compound is a 'depreciating' asset.....

FWIW, I'm not knocking Hoyt...love the company......but this bow ain't $1500 [inc acc] better than the bows 5 years ago.

Hey now that Katera is still in the top 7-8 bows Hoyt has made! It is amazing how much less vibe the new bows have.
Got my eye on a carbon spyder 32 as well as the "old" RX 1 as well as the RX3 Ultra so we'll see.

I'm lucky enough to work for an ESOP privately owned company that puts in 17% (at least) of my gross salary and commission so I've got that going for me.

nexus

FNG

X2...I shoot Hoyt and cannot rationalize getting rid of my Nitrum 34 for one of the new Ultra models. Of course, I'm going to go shoot one to see if there is really any significant differences besides minor specification changes.

And that Katera is still a great bow if you have the guns to carry it all day in the field....

OP
Jacob Chapman
X2...I shoot Hoyt and cannot rationalize getting rid of my Nitrum 34 for one of the new Ultra models. Of course, I'm going to go shoot one to see if there is really any significant differences besides minor specification changes.

And that Katera is still a great bow if you have the guns to carry it all day in the field....

That's the one nice part about being back in Iowa-I'm treestand hunting exclusively!

Trial153

WKR
if it wasn't a turd hybrid I would try it. interested if the weight is accurate also...or if out of the box its higher like the rx1

OR Archer

WKR
Good grief this thread should be on AT haha. Everyone complaining about a Bow they haven’t even shot yet.

OR Archer

WKR
I’m shooting one on Monday and if I like it, I’m buying it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’ll like it. I set Cam’s up yesterday. It’s a great tuning/shooting Bow. Very quiet for a Carbon and vibration free.

Rolando

FNG
I’ll be in the market to replace my Monster 7 next year, and I’ll try these out. I guess the part that bothers me most is them still using the made up term “mass weight” for the weight of the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But they've got a buttery smooth cam on them. My XL version stays as my backup for that reason. At 70lb it feels like most of todays flagship bows set at 60lb. Just flat out comfortable.

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
....And Hoyt messed up another release. Shops were supposed to have demo bows Thursday. Mine has not received anything. The only thing they've heard is that a shop in WI got theirs today.

Trial153

WKR
They should just list the weight correctly instead of bullshiting people.