Hoyt Powermax

HDwild

WKR
So I bought my Powermax last year with the fuse package at Dead On Archery in Boise. I bought it bc it had the Hoyt name but was in my price range. Thought I loved it when I shot it but then I shot some Mathews, and a Prime and realized that I don't like the draw cycle on the Powermax and much prefer a Mathews.

Anybody else love/hate the Powermax or have any opinions on longevity or anything? Just trying to decide whether to stick with the Pmax or make the switch soon?

Wapiti1

WKR
If you prefer another, go with the "it's me, not you" speech and find another dance partner.

You'll shoot a bow you find comfortable better than one you aren't loving.

Jeremy

WYCFM1

WKR
Always always buy the bow you like the most. No brainer. Shoot all the brands available to you and choose the shoe that fits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

87TT

WKR
I have a Powermax and like it. It "is" now my backup bow because I have a Pro Defiant that I like just a smidge more. I have both bows set up identical and switch back and forth. So maybe you need two?

87TT

WKR
Well I bought the Pmax in 2018. In the spring of last year I went to get new strings and a tune up (also at Dead On). They wanted me to leave it for week or so. This was in the spring and no where near hunting season (the busy time of the year) That started to worry me as in what if something happens during elk season? So then the hunt was on for another bow. I found a brand new old stock Pro Defiant on Ebay for just a little more than I paid for the Pmax. Then I started thinking that I still didn't like the idea of leaving my bow in Boise for weeks. It's a 4 hour round trip from here. So I got busy and built a bow press and draw board and set it up and tuned it myself. Now I have two bows and no need for a shop.
Long story but tell your wife that you need it so as not to lose your season if something happens.

The Point of the powermax is it’s extremely adjustable. Good for teenager to adults, Beginners who might grow, or sell the bow in a couple years. That being said it’s not nearly as nice as Hoyts top end bows.

OP
HDwild

HDwild

WKR
Well I bought the Pmax in 2018. In the spring of last year I went to get new strings and a tune up (also at Dead On). They wanted me to leave it for week or so. This was in the spring and no where near hunting season (the busy time of the year) That started to worry me as in what if something happens during elk season? So then the hunt was on for another bow. I found a brand new old stock Pro Defiant on Ebay for just a little more than I paid for the Pmax. Then I started thinking that I still didn't like the idea of leaving my bow in Boise for weeks. It's a 4 hour round trip from here. So I got busy and built a bow press and draw board and set it up and tuned it myself. Now I have two bows and no need for a shop.
Long story but tell your wife that you need it so as not to lose your season if something happens.
Not a bad idea. We did just get our stimulus money today hahah