Hoyt pro defiant turbo cam lean

Wodez

FNG
Hey archers
I have a cam lean issue on my defiant to the point where the cam rubs on a cable mid draw.
I have been to my local shop twice about this issue and they say it is very common with this bow and this is an example of one that is “not too bad”. They go on to tell me that one of the people that work at the shop won a tournament with the same bow with worse cam lean. I asked them to swap shims and limbs to try fix it but they talk me out of it.
I have read in a few places that it only fixes the problem for some. Any first hand experience on here?
is there anything I can try doing to fix it without a bow press?
Cheers

Attachments

• 9402916C-AA53-42B9-B338-C3C9245DEE84.jpeg
    9402916C-AA53-42B9-B338-C3C9245DEE84.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 2A81B03B-792E-4E0F-9176-D46911E8D238.jpeg
    2A81B03B-792E-4E0F-9176-D46911E8D238.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 35

Florida Bow Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Go to another Hoyt dealer. You have certainly a shin issue or a yoke issue, minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
Winning a tournament with field points and tuning broadheads are 2 different things.

OP
W

Wodez

FNG
I went back to my local shop (only one within 45 minute drive) and they explained that yes the cam is rubbing the cable but that is not causing the serving separate/ware. it is caused by the small sharp round in the cam track the cable is guided into when at full draw highlighted in red in photo.
Most of the smudges on the cam are from higher up on the cable and have minimal ware. And according to the guys at my shop this contact is minimal caused by vibrations not direct/constant contact.
not sure how much of all of the above is true but it kind of makes sense.
I have noticed I am struggling to shoot well the last few months. I find myself blaming this but can still tune it ok. Just wonder if it might be causing some inconsistencies.

Attachments

• 53ECF957-16F2-40B4-B3AD-D7BD8D2B930E.jpeg
    53ECF957-16F2-40B4-B3AD-D7BD8D2B930E.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 12

nphunter

WKR
I would go to a different shop, your cam is/has definitely rubbed against the strings during the draw cycle, you can see worn spots on the cam from rubbing. The wear on the serving is not good and will eventually cause the serving to come apart and unravel. There are several shops that will let you send them the bow and they will tune it for you and make sure there are no issues. Park-n-Sons in ID does it and so does OR Archer on here. Maybe there is excessive wear in that particular spot from thousands of shots, some cams are hard on the servings? I would personally put new strings and cables on that bow, if they are just worn over time they could also be stretched which can cause a bad tune and groups to change.

A quick google search of defiant serving wear pulls up a lot of info on this, from the sounds of it is was a common issue on that bow. I didn't see any pictures with the cams having rub marks like yours do up on the side of the actual cam though? At minimum putting it on a drawing board and checking it through the draw cycle would give you an idea of what is happening.

Zac

WKR
Are you really attached to this bow? Getting rid of my Defiant was the best thing that ever happened to me.

OP
W

Wodez

FNG
I think I’ll deal with it for now and sell at the end of the season unless things start to work better.
Thanks guys