Hoyt quiver ?

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
Upgraded to a VTM 34 this year and put the new two piece Hoyt quiver on it. Really like the setup so far but I loaded up the 6 arrow quiver and noticed that the spacing is so tight I cant get fletchings not to touch and they’re so close they’re folding. Anyone messed around with this quiver at all? I like how it sits with the bow but I don’t want to deform fletchings.

WKR
That's rough. Do you have two sets of grippers? If so, can you remove the foam and rotate the arrows to keep the fletching from getting smashed?

OP
SandyCreek

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
No one set of grippers. Seems like they just neee to change the layout of the grippers

OP
SandyCreek

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
Hoyt Customer service wasnt very helpful, just said theres no other grippers available.. thanks for your $200. I wont refletch 2-dozen arrows so guess ill try something else. Shame i liked how it mounts to the bow

Casey F

FNG
wow that is a disappointment, on my last rig I had a hoyt quiver and didnt care for it that much, now I have a tight spot 5 arrow and its the best quiver I have used without a doubt.

MattB

WKR
I notice you loaded every arrow cock vane toward the camera. That seems to be the primary issue. What happens when you change the orientation of every other arrow 180 degrees?

Are the points in the hood in a straight line? If so, a combination of changing the above and alternately moving every head as far left or right of the centerline as you can w/o having blades touch the side of the hood will help a good bit as well.

Last edited:

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
I know it’s kinda beside the point when you buy a 6 arrow quiver, but Hoyt sells 4 & 6 arrow versions…maybe just carry 4 arrows loading/alternating from the outside slot; essentially turning your 6 arrow into a 4 arrow quiver if you can’t position the vanes to fit…I’ve previously used 5 arrow tight spots (which I had generally always considered the right balance of arrows to carry), but liked the way the new Hoyt quivers pulled in even closer with the new mounting system, and figured if I was cutting weight anyway, going to 4 arrow is fine for general hunting purposes. I don’t have the issue you’re experiencing, but it is close so I could see the issue if I had taller vanes.

Attachments

• IMG_7972.jpeg
    IMG_7972.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7973.jpeg
    IMG_7973.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 22

Tilzbow

WKR
I notice you loaded every arrow cock vane toward the camera. That seems to be the primary issue. What happens when you change the orientation of every other arrow 180 degrees?

Are the points in the hood in a straight line? If so, a combination of changing the above and alternately moving every head as far left or right of the centerline as you can w/o having blades touch the side of the hood will help a good bit as well.

Seems reasonable. I wonder if the OP tried this suggestion and how it worked out.

WBrim

WKR
I have to alternate cock vane, as mentioned above, but everything fits fine for me. A bit close, but functional.

OP
SandyCreek

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider

3 Fletch with Max Hunters Fits just fine in the New Hoyt Quivers…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Running a four fletch..

OP
SandyCreek

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
The point is you have each arrow oriented the same which is causing the fletching contact. Try turning every other in 45 degrees.
that picture is the most rotation you can get. It’s 4 fletchings on a 90. If I center a fletching up to hit the center of the space between the other two on the opposing arrow it hits the arrow. There’s no way to rotate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 11

MattB

WKR
What fixed blade broadhead are your shooting that you need 4 of that vane to stabilize?