Hoyt REDWRX Carbon RX-5 review

Netherman

WKR
07fd1308edfd8360bde775bf19d22fcc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Netherman- thanks for the pictures and I totally agree with you. I shot the Rx-5 in my local shop, loved the feel of it. I decided against purchasing it when I figured out my tight spot quiver would not mount up if using the picatinny sight bracket. This is not the case with the Ventum (Aluminum version) BTW. The picatinny can thread directly into front of riser for sight and has traditional side holes. I'll keep shopping myself, somebody is eventually going to build the adapter part, meanwhile my current bow is Hoyt carbon Spyder and it deserves some more days in the field with me.

Netherman

WKR
After I got don't bitching about it I figured out a way to make it work. I replaced the provided mounting screws (6x32) with extended ones and created a stud on the other side of the mount. From there I mounted my accessories with a nylon locking nut. Length became an issue as it was impacting my bow hook so I cut the bolt flush with the nut after everything was mounted.

Still feels a bit hacky and I'd rather have the standard mounting with a thicker bolt (10x24) and socket cap, but locktite and nylock nut should keep it in place. I love the bow otherwise and hope this is addressed for this model and into the future.

Hey good solution! Are tolerances tights enough that potential movement is not an issue? I’m also curious about that bow hook. I guess you can use it even with the tight spot mount mount on there. How do you typically use the bow hook- on your belt?

Netherman

WKR
I'm comfortable with it. the smaller dia bolt finds a different "rest" point but once cranked down is solid. I'd make sure to add a washer. Either the one that came with the quiver or add one so you've got something between the nut and rest mount. I didn't feel it was needed with the kydex hook and ended up re-snugging it after the kydex settled.

Not sure on your use case, but the hook is for MI whitetail hunting in a tree saddle and would not be functional with the quiver installed. I have a loop strap around the tree in front of me that the hook slides into. Post 65 has a pic with the strap on a 2x4. For that use I like it a lot better than the hooked biner I was using.

Tyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
I have a RX5 ultra and I don’t think it can get much better. My local bow shops haven’t received any of the newer models yet.

Every time I consider buying a new bow I see these great reviews, although 2 years old, I happy to stick with my old bow. Budget hunter.