HOYT RX-4

Stopped by Lancaster Archery today and fondled the RX-4 and RX-4 ultra. The feel sweet in the hand. Hard to say how they perform from just a few minutes of lusting. Two things I noted was the weight and the no-ultra bow is compact. Bare bow felt like a freaking toy in my hands compared to my fully loaded aluminum pro defiant 34.

Trial153

WKR
I cant see carbons are that weight, dont see the point. Anything over 4.25 bare ends up too heavy for me finished.
A mach 1 might be in my cards at some point

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
The only bow that makes sense in my opinion to warrant the extra coin for carbon is the Ultra. There is almost a 1/2 lb difference in weight. The shorter models have very little weight difference. 34 ATA coming in at 4.1 lbs is impressive to me. I shot it next to the aluminum, Traverse and VXR and it felt so nice with a big difference in perceived weight. I am one that appreciates carbon when carrying my bow in the late season so Im jumping from Prime back to Hoyt this year. Ordered a 80lb RX4 Ultra in storm.

Regarding the carbon weight differences compared to PSE, if you were to weight the risers of the PSE and the Hoyt I would bet that they are close to the same weight. The extra weight is in the limb pockets, limbs and shock pods. There is no questions in my mind that the Hoyt is a tougher/better built bow. A lot of people think that they weight savings is due to the risers. Its not, its the other components.

PSE- Pieces Sailing Everywhere

Nobody should ever in their life dry fire their bow, for sure after you've upgraded from the POJ you learned to shoot with... but if you do, that's the difference between the PSE and the Hoyt. A Hoyt is kinda like a mil-spec bow, all the other companies are just bows, IMBO (in my biased opinion).

P.S. PSE probably does have a decent bow, but I'm a Hoyt guy. (Yeah, I might be a little biased, not much, though.)

I have an RX3, now I'm coveting the RX4 turbo. I like that they shortened A2A on the non-ultras.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
Desk Jockey
I am a mid level shooter. First bow in 2015 was a turbo and I wouldn’t go back to one. Valley was just too short and it would run away from me often enough to be a problem. Love my pro defiant 34 and think the extra weight is well worth it. Fully decked out my bow is way lighter than most rifles so I guess it’s all relative.

Nobody should ever in their life dry fire their bow, for sure after you've upgraded from the POJ you learned to shoot with... but if you do, that's the difference between the PSE and the Hoyt. A Hoyt is kinda like a mil-spec bow, all the other companies are just bows, IMBO (in my biased opinion).

P.S. PSE probably does have a decent bow, but I'm a Hoyt guy. (Yeah, I might be a little biased, not much, though.)

I have an RX3, now I'm coveting the RX4 turbo. I like that they shortened A2A on the non-ultras.

Yes, just a bit biased I see.... :rolleyes:

Pretty much all major companies have videos of repeated dry fires with nothing happening now just FYI

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider

Spoken like a true Mathews Hoyt, fan boy.

jmez

WKR
I dry fired a Hoyt a few years ago. Broke string, folded top cam in half and broke the bottom cam. I still shoot Hoyt, but they aren't bullet proof.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
I would like to see someone shoot all the RX bows with a blind fold and say which is which. To me Hoyt took a side step.