Hoyt RX1 Turbo Mods

svivian

WKR
Hoping someone can guide me in the right direction with this. Looking to purchase a used Hoyt RX1 Turbo with a #3 cam. I understand that you need a new module for every 1/2" of draw length. The bow I'm looking at has a 28.5" draw and I am needing a 29.5" module but cannot find them anywhere. Is this Bow worth the trouble even though the price is good? I have not bought a new bow in 5 years....

Thanks

Hoping someone can guide me in the right direction with this. Looking to purchase a used Hoyt RX1 Turbo with a #3 cam. I understand that you need a new module for every 1/2" of draw length. The bow I'm looking at has a 28.5" draw and I am needing a 29.5" module but cannot find them anywhere. Is this Bow worth the trouble even though the price is good? I have not bought a new bow in 5 years....

Thanks
You don't need a new module, you just need to rotate the current module to a different position. Put the module in the "D" position.

If you look up 2018 tune charts on Hoyt's website there is a pdf file specifically for the RX1 turbo.

Here is a screenshot of the charts.
b39b7cad039ae892c9fd56b0ad98f8b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
svivian

svivian

WKR
You don't need a new module, you just need to rotate the current module to a different position. Put the module in the "D" position.

If you look up 2018 tune charts on Hoyt's website there is a pdf file specifically for the RX1 turbo.

That is contradictory to what I have been reading, My understanding on the ZT Turbo Cam is there are individual modules for each draw length, not an adjustable one like on the non turbo cams?

I did look at the tune charts which also caused extra confusion from what i have been reading.

Thanks

OR Archer

WKR

He most definitely needs new mods. That model does not have rotating mods.

OP you’ll need 3D mods for that. A Hoyt dealer should still be able to get you a set of those.

That is contradictory to what I have been reading, My understanding on the ZT Turbo Cam is there are individual modules for each draw length, not an adjustable one like on the non turbo cams?

I did look at the tune charts which also caused extra confusion from what i have been reading.

Thanks

I stand corrected. You will need "D" mods then.

2 minutes in the video he states the mod system.

I apologize for the misinformation.

OP
svivian

svivian

WKR
I stand corrected. You will need "D" mods then.

2 minutes in the video he states the mod system.

I apologize for the misinformation.

No worries so back to my original question. It seems like a pain in the ass to find these mods. When I called the local bow shop here they had none and would see if they could even order some. Just wondering if it’s worth it or should look for either a year newer or older model of the turbo.

I shot this 28” and liked it a lot other than the short draw. I have also shot a buddies defiant turbo which also shoots extremely well. I’m not looking to drop $1,000 plus on a used bow.

Thanks