Hoyt Ventum 33 tuning issues

406unltd

WKR
Mine look like that too, but the serving is not cut or frayed. It's just separated around that bend. I'm gonna keep shooting it unless it gets worse or the serving breaks. I think it will be fine until the season is over. I have a new set of ABBs enroute, but they may not get here before I hit the road for elk season!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Ya this newest set and the stock ones both separated quite a bit and frayed

ncavi8tor

WKR
Ya this newest set and the stock ones both separated quite a bit and frayed
I hope this is not gonna be an issue because I really love this bow and shoot it well! It seems like there is always something with every damn bow I've bought over the past couple of years!

NC

bb020102d4b7b12ee35c6ce84eda1fa0.jpg
4a0545668e14e748df59398232bf4ad1.jpg

Last edited:

406unltd

WKR
I hope this is not gonna be an issue because I really love this bow and shoot it well! It seems like there is always something with every damn bow I've bought over the past couple of years!

NC

bb020102d4b7b12ee35c6ce84eda1fa0.jpg
4a0545668e14e748df59398232bf4ad1.jpg
That bottom pic is pretty bad. It may not be an issue for you but it’s already past what I tolerate haha. She’ll be going down the road after season.

I had issues with my stock strings, but since I’ve put a set of GAS strings on they seem to be holding up fine. I’ve got 2-3x the amount of shots on these with no issues(and it’s likely more but I’m not keeping count). The stock cables lasted around 250-300 shots before that serving was giving up.

I hope I don’t have any issues anyway, I love this bow as well. Probably one of the best shooting bows I’ve ever shot. Surely if this continues to be an issue Hoyt would either warranty the cams or redesign them I would think… maybe I’m being too generous with my assumption.

OP
Z

Zac

WKR
Hey have you or @Zac had any issues with cable serving getting chewed up? I went thru the stock cables after a couple months. Problem area is where they wrap around by the axle. Also just went thru a set of ABB as well with the same exact problem. These cables aren’t very old either obviously. I haven’t been able to shoot my bow this year nearly as much as I normally do. Definitely worst wear I’ve ever had on threads. First pic is top cam, second of the bottom. This is what the new ABBs look like currently. They ordered a new set on warranty.
Yeah same issue here.