HPG Full Size vs Snubby Footprint

Lawnboi

WKR
My snubby fits my g43. Wallet and keys Or phone. That is it. It does not hold much.

It’s small and flat, exactly what I wanted it for, specifically for trail running. If I were looking for something as you described I wouldn’t be looking at the snubby.

Lawnboi

WKR
Thanks for the heads up. Just for clarification, is that the Snubby with just two compartments? Or the original pattern Snubby with 3 compartments?

It is a 2 compartment snubby.

Iv also carried my g29 in it on multiple occasions. Still works fine but I prefer the slimmer and lighter gun in there while running

I think if you’re doing a g19 with the snubby that’s all you’re going to put in there. I usually have just a g27 and wallet when I’m running and it’s pretty full.

I bought the recon so I could put a Bino case on the front but I didn’t like how floppy it was so I just bought a new bino harness.

Here’s a couple pictures of how I’m running it right now until my badlands harness comes in.

The Leopold pouch is pretty crappy. I think the setup would work better if I had better pouches for the binos and rangefinder.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 26
I use the recon kit bag with their bino pouch. It's not my full time dedicated bino harness, just what I use when I carry my g40 mos. Has e ought room for that with optics and I can out I phone in the front pouch. I don't think your going to get much in the stubby. I could easily carry my sig 365, GPS and wallet in my recon plus phone in front pocket.

I'm not a big guy, I find it pretty comfortable. Can shoot my bow fine and don't mind covering ground with it. 5'9" and 175-185 depending on time of year.

I had both and the snubby would be my choice every time.Im on the call list for a snubby recon next for just alittle extra if needed.I couldnt stand the orginal when it was full.

2ski

WKR
I think you'll be happy with the regular kit bag. I really like mine. I don't hardly notice it when I'm hiking. I carry my g20 with 230g hardcast and various other things in mine.

Sealee12

Lil-Rokslider
The Original V.2 has been great to me. I also use it as a chest pack while fly fishing and carrying a Sig P365. I think you will be pleased with your purchase.