HPG Recon Kit Bag w/ Bino Pouch vs other bino harness

balto68

FNG
Considering picking up a Hill People Gear Recon Kit Bag and adding a Bino pouch when one is in stock. I really like my original kit bag. The large footprint causes me to sweat, but also makes any load ride comfortably on my chest. I also like how easily I can carry a pistol when I want to.

I am a little concerned that the HPG bino harness setup might be a little bit wobbly, or might stick a little bit too far out to be comfortable.

For those of you who have tried this setup, what do you think of it? How does it compare to the competition? I know a lot of this is personal preference, but I'd love to hear about some experiences.

I have been using a snubby recon kit bag with a Leupold bino case (came with my binos) and an elastic magazine holder for my phone (runs map program) for 2-3 years. Works great for me. I clip my range finder on the side strap loop. The set up gets used for archery season, rifle season, and general sight seeing.

wilbur007

FNG
I have a recon kit bag with a medium binocular pouch and it all comes down to how thick you are. I don't like the pouch for foot placement on uneven terrain. (The kit bag without the pouch is fine.) I've since strapped the bino pouch onto my pack's belt and it works better there for me.

I went for this setup and I am less than thrilled about it. In theory it should be awesome but it just isn't. I still think the kit bag is the best piece of kit I own, but the additional bino pouch sticks out and isn't all that stable. Seems to pull on everything and make the whole setup uncomfortable. Will probably do as mentioned above and put the binos on the waist belt of the metcalf.

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_4934.jpeg

I'd be lying if I said it doesn't stick out a bit but when I use the recon with the bino harness I try to minimize the contents in the kit bag. I honestly haven't noticed it bothering me (gun or bow wise). I went this route for versatility: using for fishing, hiking, hunting and more: with and without the binos. The integrated molle strap from the bino pouch makes it pretty secure. This all being said with me telling you that I just started using binos and this setup is my first Bino holder..