HPG recon with binos and 10 speed

LionHead

WKR
Hey guys hadn't seen this through my Google Fu.

I've run a HPG runners kit bag for about 4-5 years now. When I put money down on Minox 10x43s I had no way to carry them in the kit bag so I'd just used the factory Minox x-harness over top of the RKB but it was way too strappy.

I Finally managed to snag and HPG bino pouch when they came back in stock and of course had to get a new recon kit bag to mount it to. This did solve the bino carry issue but created another.

I've only had one scout on this set up but I wanted to find a way to use the rest of the molle to the left/right of the bino pouch for other gear.

Being that the HPG med Bino pouch is slightly larger than 4 columns of molle wide I couldn't get standard AR mag sized pockets to fit. Not that I want to carry AR mags but they're about the right size for a smart phone and probably range finder (dunno cuz I don't have one).

blueforce gear 10-speed single AR mag pouh seems to fit the bill. Last week I carried my smart phone in the one I bought when ordering a bunch of work stuff. I only have the one but based off what I've seen I shouldn't have an issue with a 10-speed on either side.

Anyone else using a similar setup? Or found other pouchs that work with the bino pocket?

356f7f10badac4588488dc2ec6c63166.jpg
b68628b2caf8a86d8638c43d5286cd3d.jpg

Right now the 10-speed has a headlamp in it but took my phone with ease all last week in the Sierra's.

And yes those are the coffee lids in the background waiting to ship. Work is keeping me from getting to post office but I'll get em outs soon fellas
Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

WKR
Check out theopsdeck.com
They have pages of chest rig add-ons. I have a good cell pouch from them on a work rig I wear.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OkayestHNTR

Lil-Rokslider
Have run similar setup last two years. Ran the Heavy Recon in 2019 and a regular Recon in 2020. During both seasons I kept the phone inside the Recon until this season when temps started to get into the mid 20's and I began to see a noticeable difference with my phone's battery life. I started putting the phone in the small pocket on my Sitka Apex or Core Light Weight which kept the phone close to my body and that seemed to prevent the cold temps from nuking my phones battery. That being said, initially I really liked the FHF Gear Tech Pouch.
c5212c7df877723f3a7c45104eec979f.jpg

CCH

WKR
I mounted a Marsupial Gear rangefinder pouch next to my Bino Pouch to carry, wait for it, my rangefinder. I also use it to carry Swaro pocket binos in the off season when I'm more likely to have a camera in the Bino Pouch or not have it on at all.

I've been running a snubby recon the past 2 seasons with my Leupold 10x binocs on the front, staged in the case that came with them. This year I ran my phone in a BlueForceGear tenspeed mag pouch and hung my range finder off the loop that runs around your chest. The tenspeed pouch for my phone was a big improvement when you're checking digital topo maps on a regular basis.