HUGE Maven Optics Giveaway- the S.1A 25-50x80mm Spotter valued at $2100

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

attachment.php

You read it right boys, official Rokslide sponsor Maven Optics has offered up one of these bad boys to get into one MEMBER'S hands BEFORE SEPTEMBER.

Maven has been making a big splash in the optics world this last year. We've tested and reviewed several of their optics with good results and think they're a good match for the Rokslide crowd- high-quality and yet affordable by more of us.

Maven is now a Rokslide sponsor and wants to thank you guys for the support by offering up their bad-ass S.1A 25-50x80mm Spotter valued north of two grand. This is one of the biggest giveaways we've done on Rokslide, so don't miss out on the action.

We're also going to be testing and reviewing the 9x45 B2, 8x30 B3, and 10x42 B1 binoculars.

So subscribe to this thread (see "Thread Tools" on top of this post) then stay tuned as we'll be announcing entry details in the next few days plus I'll be posting some reviews- including one from Matt Cashell on the 80mm- on this thread over the course of this giveaway.

Here's a quick video announcing the giveaway and showing the big 80 in action.

and just a heads up, I've done a bunch of giveaways that don't require FB, so any whining comments posted on this thread will be deleted and you can go cry to Zuckerburg.

attachment.php

UPDATE, 7-24-16: Here is Matt Cashell's review on the Maven S.1A 25-50x80. Give it a read. Entry rules will be up this week.
Maven S.1A Spotting Scope
UPDATE 7-25-16
attachment.php

This project just keeps getting better! Rokslide sponsor, PhoneSkope just stepped up to outfit the winner of the Maven with a COMPLETE PhoneSkope kit- includes Phone Skope Phone Case, Optic Adapter, and Bluetooth Shutter Button! See PhoneSkope | Phone Skope Wow, good on PhoneSkope.

UPDATE, 7-27-16: OK Roksliders, the official entry for the Maven S.1A 25-50x80mm spotter is up! Enter on our Facebook page below. When you click on the photo of the guy looking through the Maven spotter, a Maven entry form comes up. Enter your full name and email address and you're entered.

On August 19th, we'll download the full list of entries and use a random number generator to pull the winner. Watch your FB messages August 19th, as we'll need to confirm that you were a Rokslide member before the drawing took place. I usually only wait a few hours for a reply then I move on. We only want a Rokslide member to have this scope, so be sure you are or you won't qualify to win. Free to join Rokslide if you haven't already, just see the top of the forums.

Here's the entry link:

Rokslide | Facebook

Thanks guys.

attachment.php

8-4-16 Update: With a few weeks before the drawing for the big 80mm spotter, let's take a minute to read the review on Maven's flagship compact binocular- The B3. Our own Brock Akers gave it the rundown in low light conditions. Here's his review:
Maven Optics B3 Review

attachment.php

8-12-16 Update: We've only got a week until we draw for the Maven S.1A 25-50x80mm Spotter! In the meantime, check out Matt Cashell's review of the B1 10x42 binocular
http://www.rokslide.com/gear/optics/329-maven-b1-10x42-binoculars

attachment.php

8-17-16 Update: With only a few days to go, let's get the last "review" up on the Maven project- this one for the B2 9x45. I don't want to hold this one out as a complete review as I only used them for a few mornings- these B2 9x45 and a set of the B1 10x42 (like those reviewed above) will be for sale and I wanted to keep them in new shape (keep reading if interested).
I did a test video of the B2s vs the Swarovski 8x42 EL Range and the Zeiss Dialyt 7x42. You can view the video below.

On the sale of the B2 9x45 and B1 10x42s, these are new in the box. The only use they've had is for a photo shoot and the test I did in the video. They are covered as new warranty by Maven. We made a great deal on these for this project and are passing them on to Rokslide members at a great price. If you're seriously interested, PM me. We can only accept Visa or Mastercard on this one, so no paypal. Sorry. The photo above shows the exact binoculars/color/condition.

Prices: (does not include your preferred method of shipping)
If you go to Maven's website, you can see the base prices of the B2 runs $1,000 and the B1, $900.
The B2 9x45 is set at $800 ($200 off retail)
The B1 10x42 is set at $750 ($150 off retail)
Again PM me if seriously interested. I'll ship them as soon as we run the card.

Here is the video review on the B2 9x45:
[video=youtube_share;53SVljJYy4s]

Last edited: