HUGE Sales Event on Kryptek Altitude

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some exciting stuff here for those that want the Kryptek Altitude line without the higher price! Kryptek listened!

Not everyone can be a guide or outfitter – but everyone can get a guide/outfitter type discount for a limited time!

For the first time ever, Kryptek is holding a massive event centered on its renowned Altitude collection. This collection uses premium Schoeller fabrics and technologies from Switzerland. These superior technologies coupled with unmatched construction makes this series the best available in the hunting market.

The Kryptek Altitude collection has proven itself through rigorous expedition hunts all over the globe, in the harshest environments and conditions. In addition to extensive global hunts, this series has also been selectively used by the world’s most elite special operations units.

Kryptek hopes that all demanding hunters and backcountry enthusiasts who had aspired to the Altitude collection in the past but were discouraged by the price, appreciate and enjoy this sale and opportunity to finally wear the finest hunting system on the market.

Spend 0 - $499 & recieve 30% off using code: "altitude30"
Spend $500 - $999 & recieve 40% off using code: "altitude40"
Spend $1000 + & recieve 50% off using code : "altitude50"

Learn more: http://bit.ly/KryptekAltitudeCollection

WHY?

You’re probably asking that question?

Kryptek listened to the pent-up demand for this prize-winning series which had been impacted by complexities in both its supply chain and channels of distribution previously necessary to bring it to the market. In early 2019, Kryptek made a series of breakthroughs in eliminating unnecessary layers of sourcing markup and strengthened its superior-quality factory relationships. This allowed the company to become resolute in the decision to dedicate the Altitude collection as a “direct to consumer” program, further eliminating markup levels previously passed on to the end user. As a celebration of the arrival of the 2019 Altitude inventory under these newly improved economics, Kryptek has decided to reward customers with a limited, kick-off sale prior to hunting season!

Kryptek hopes that all demanding hunters and backcountry enthusiasts who had aspired to the Altitude collection in the past, but were discouraged by the price, appreciate and enjoy this sale and opportunity to finally wear the finest hunting system on the market. In the future, Kryptek will continue to offer improved pricing on the entire Altitude collection, but it will not match the incredible deal offered during this limited, pre-season kick-off sale! Pass the word on to others who would appreciate this opportunity (but maybe wait until after your own discounted Altitude is secured)!

Last edited:
I ordered the entire kit. Bora pants, 1/2 zip, hoodie, heavier full zip shirt, takur rain jacket. They are definitely quality gear and look and feel amazing. I know gear is hard to fit everyone, esp when I’m not super tall (5’10”) but this line seams to run very large. I have tons of highlander Kryptek in XL including dalibor 3 jacket. But the takur rain jacket sleeves are about 4” to long on arms, length of torso is good. It seams I would need a M in order to get arms to fit then I’d be worried about being able to layer under coat. The shirts would def work in a L compared to a XL. And I’m already in love with the hoodie, very warm but still breathable feeling (haven’t tested) the pants fit great in waste but again seem to long for being a 33” length. Not a problem because I could have tapered, these are Bora so they don’t have snap feature on bottom. My main concern with Bora is they are super loud with they rub together. Might that go away with a few washes, probably. But it’s quite concerning to me to risk washing them and then not being able to return. Even on sale this is still a decent investment and I definitely couldn’t afford to not be able to use. Again Kryptek is my go to and I have gear from all the other major competitors. I love the color of altitude, love the feel and it may just be my body type (dad bod) and my expectations may be out of line. But I don’t think I could bow hunt with pants that loud. Possibly this kind of material you can sacrifice a little noise for the protection in the high country. I appreciate Kryptek and don’t want to come off as bashing, and this line just not be for me. Even though I want it to be so bad.

Attachments

• A58090FB-D79A-4BFB-B0EE-D8BA7EF46D67.jpeg
    A58090FB-D79A-4BFB-B0EE-D8BA7EF46D67.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 109
I ordered the entire kit. Bora pants, 1/2 zip, hoodie, heavier full zip shirt, takur rain jacket. They are definitely quality gear and look and feel amazing. I know gear is hard to fit everyone, esp when I’m not super tall (5’10”) but this line seams to run very large. I have tons of highlander Kryptek in XL including dalibor 3 jacket. But the takur rain jacket sleeves are about 4” to long on arms, length of torso is good. It seams I would need a M in order to get arms to fit then I’d be worried about being able to layer under coat. The shirts would def work in a L compared to a XL. And I’m already in love with the hoodie, very warm but still breathable feeling (haven’t tested) the pants fit great in waste but again seem to long for being a 33” length. Not a problem because I could have tapered, these are Bora so they don’t have snap feature on bottom. My main concern with Bora is they are super loud with they rub together. Might that go away with a few washes, probably. But it’s quite concerning to me to risk washing them and then not being able to return. Even on sale this is still a decent investment and I definitely couldn’t afford to not be able to use. Again Kryptek is my go to and I have gear from all the other major competitors. I love the color of altitude, love the feel and it may just be my body type (dad bod) and my expectations may be out of line. But I don’t think I could bow hunt with pants that loud. Possibly this kind of material you can sacrifice a little noise for the protection in the high country. I appreciate Kryptek and don’t want to come off as bashing, and this line just not be for me. Even though I want it to be so bad.

I just received my order from this sale on Friday. I found most of what you said about fitment to be true for me as well. I will add that the Takur Pants and jacket seem to be much more quiet than my Koldo rain gear. I have long arms and a thick chest so the sleeves on the jacket weren't quite as long but still require keeping the cuffs velcro'd fairly tight. The Arma 1/2 zip shirt could have definitely been a Large vs XL for me. I have one scouting trip on the coast in the gear and am very pleased with every feature Kryptek promises with this gear. It's light, quiet, tough, breathable (Compared to the Koldo), and completely water tight. The gear is more athletically cut (As advertised) than other product lines I have from Kryptek, but I just may not be very normal wearing an XL jacket and L pant.

RyanC

WKR

I'm curious as to what size jacket you ordered? The Takur rain jacket is a great piece but if it's too big return it for a different size. I packed out a sheep in pouring rain for 9 hours in that jacket and it performed flawlessly. My brother had the Bora jacket and was a little wet under his jacket but not bad.....really good for a soft shell jacket!! As far as the Bora pants......I think your would be happier with the Tora pant for bowhunting. It's much quieter and performs really well. Oh yeah and I love the built in knee pads!! They may not shed water like the Bora pant but they dry fast. Soaking wet after that pack out, after a 2 hour nap with the pants hanging in my tent, they were dry.....I was blown away.

Regardless you won't be disappointed on how this line performs, it exceeded my expectation.

KHNC

WKR
I bought the tora jacket and pants, along with shirt as well. Last year, paid full price. Medium pants are more like a large. Also, the belt loops are too far apart in the front. The button/zipper area constantly slides out from under my belt and wads up. I hate returning stuff! I have countless items of clothing in that size that fits perfect,including other Kryptek gear. As for quality, it is unmatched in my opinion. They need to spend a little more time on sizing though, not too much to ask. If one set of clothing in Medium fits, then the rest should follow suit with the same manufacturer. Should not be hard to match sizing.

KHNC

WKR
Anyone have a weight on the tora jacket and pants? Dont see it listed on their site anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I dont know the exact weight, however, the pants feel light enough to wear early season. I wore them in montana in a snow storm last year, with one layer of merino. They performed well while hiking. I was not cold.

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry I didn’t get this out sooner!

Weighed items are a size large jackets and shirts and 34 regular in pants....

Arma tech 1/2 zip-8oz

Arma tech gridfleece 1/2 zip-8oz

Arma tech gridfleece hoodie-15oz

Ghar jacket-14oz

Tora jacket-16oz
Tora pant-24oz

Bora jacket-24oz
Bora pant-16oz

Takur jacket-24oz
Takur pant-24oz

Soolong

FNG
Sportsman's Warehouse has some of the altitude line for roughly 50% off right now with free shipping and no tax.

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider
For those that have the Takur gear. Is it soft enough/quiet enough to be worn as your normal outer layer? Skip the Bora and just use the Takur as the soft shell. Thanks.

Sportsman's Warehouse has some of the altitude line for roughly 50% off right now with free shipping and no tax.
Thank you. I just purchased the bora jacket and pants on the sale. I’ll report back after I receive them.

For those that have the Takur gear. Is it soft enough/quiet enough to be worn as your normal outer layer? Skip the Bora and just use the Takur as the soft shell. Thanks.

I have the Takur Jacket, Pants, and Gaiters. Living on the Oregon coast they are pretty much my primary outerwear.
They are by far the quietest rain gear I've ever seen/worn. and have gotten even quieter after break-in and laundering. Although tough and completely water proof they are surprisingly thin and super light (I'm sure it's intentional, just didn't expect it from that level of performance). So saving room for laying would for sure be a consideration. The only thing I've noticed using them as my primary is having to work the vents. If you vent before you're pouring sweat, the C-Change fabric does a lot of work to manage moisture and temperature. All in all, the Takur is by far the most impressive gear I've ever owned.