Hunger

Brendan

WKR
So you don’t see any issues with using a cup of coffee as a substitute for breakfast? Truthfully, I’ve been able to have coffee and that’ll carry me out until lunch. Not because I was trying to cut back on how much I was eating, it just kind of happened without me noticing it.

Not at all, unless it's a real ball buster of a day on a hunt or having a really hard workout ahead of you. Otherwise there's no real need for calories first thing in the morning.

My breakfast every day is black coffee. Other than vitamins, the first calories I get are usually some fruit and a protein shake leading into a lunchtime workout.

For me it takes a good month or more to feel like I've kicked the shitty food / sugar cravings if I've let me routine lapse. Once I'm in a healthy routine and have been for a month or so, no problems maintaining it.

*zap*

WKR
Intermittent fasting is very good way to go, I generally eat all my food within an 8 hour window......2500-3000 calories.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
So you don’t see any issues with using a cup of coffee as a substitute for breakfast? Truthfully, I’ve been able to have coffee and that’ll carry me out until lunch. Not because I was trying to cut back on how much I was eating, it just kind of happened without me noticing it.

Coffee is my only breakfast every day, even on weekends.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Coffee is my only breakfast every day, even on weekends.
I say I don't eat breakfast, but more correctly I should say "I just can't eat anything within 3-4 hours of getting up". If I do, it makes me nauseous. I've always been like that, even as a kid. My parents would always try to get me to eat something and after it would come back up and end up on my high chair tray or on the floor, they finally stopped trying.

But if I'm up at 5, then eating at 9 isn't much of an issue. I still generally wait until lunch to eat. The coffee thing didn't start until my military days. But there's one thing I've noticed over the years.......most of the people I've seen that don't eat up until bedtime and don't eat breakfast, are thin. And I love my desserts.

Others have said it but I’ll give my thoughts. I have always been a big time eater, I can put away the groceries with the best of them. Recently I’ve switched to a lower carb mostly meat based diet and my hunger has drastically declined and I’m losing fat consistently. I was worried my performance in the gym would drop off but after a couple months I have noticed just the opposite.

Eat more meat! Elk, deer, beef, fish, chicken and eggs. I eat as much meat as I want with each meal and I’ve found that I really only want 2 meals per day now. I still eat some fruit and potatoes and some vegetables but I really think a meat based diet is the ticket.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Before you ever eat drink a glass of water, drink water with your meal, and continue to sip on water after you eat to stay full.
Lot's of good advice in this thread. I drink a lot more water as go_deep recommends. Only takes a few days to adjust to a new diet.

OP
B

bmicek

WKR
Lot's of good advice in this thread. I drink a lot more water as go_deep recommends. Only takes a few days to adjust to a new diet.
Man a huge battle I have with myself is drinking enough water. I get sick of drinking it. Just part of the mental game of training yourself to drink more but I find myself wanting something different to drink. As I type this, it sounds like such an easy thing to break though haha

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Man a huge battle I have with myself is drinking enough water. I get sick of drinking it. Just part of the mental game of training yourself to drink more but I find myself wanting something different to drink. As I type this, it sounds like such an easy thing to break though haha
I have the same issue. In reality I don't drink a lot of water unless I'm working out. One glass when I first wake up in the morning helps a lot! After that, I usually drink tea (no sugar). Don't drink your calories...

twall13

WKR
Interesting discussion and I feel like some really good advice has been given. I think everyone is a little different and you have to experiment with what works for you. I tend to eat fairly healthy most of the year, but don't do as well around the holidays as there is a lot of junk that ends up at the office and at my house that I wouldn't normally buy. So I tend to go through a transition period every January to get back on track. For me, some of the things that help are drinking a lot of water, eating lean proteins, and fill up on veggies. Veggies are generally super low calorie so if I'm feeling hungry I can stuff myself with some broccoli and carrots and curb the hunger pretty easily without ill effect. It's not always the most appetizing thing if my body is going through sugar withdrawals, but it does work for me if I force myself to do it. After a few weeks I stop craving some of those sugars and it gets easier.

I do tend to eat a decent breakfast most mornings, but that breakfast is typically preceded by a good workout so my body needs some fuel to recover. If I don't workout, my breakfast intake is a lot lighter, usually just some oatmeal or fruit.