Hunt Alaska Magazine ONLINE seminars

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You always keep it real lb, and that's a good thing. Your public comment presentation before a Kotz advisory committee a few years back was a "keeping it real" classic...I would have been clapping for you if I were there.

Side note...I am soooo looking forward to late August/early Sept. Taking my Kork to my favorite western AK river (4th time), and doing the hundred miles from start to finish...fishing heaven for 9 days! You know the river (shhhh about it here)...I showed you the picture of my son and I with his first grizzly that he got on the last float.

I’m looking forward to similar stuff. I’m hoping to get a few big float trips in this year.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m looking forward to similar stuff. I’m hoping to get a few big float trips in this year.
I hope it works out for you guy. Extremely remote floats for a week or more are at the top of my personal favorite's list. The rafts that LB has brought to market sure help one get away very remotely...and I seek the solitude. It's always an adventure, and it always helps strengthen a healthy perspective in life for me!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Larry,

Where in Fairbanks can I buy that Hunt Alaska Magazine?
probably themagazine rack at sportsmans warehouse. YOu can get a subscription too but honestly, its not a great magazine, its light on content, heavy on advertizments and all the articles are written by the same 5 people.

VernAK

WKR
probably themagazine rack at sportsmans warehouse. YOu can get a subscription too but honestly, its not a great magazine, its light on content, heavy on advertizments and all the articles are written by the same 5 people.
SW doesn't have em nor does Barnes.......Need a couple of copies as interested in the cover girl......my hunting partner and adopted daughter.

squirrel

WKR
I watched last night and will do it again while not trying to grill at the same time! Was this the clients first moose butchering job? ( in other words they learned how to do a lot better after the first one?). I thought you were being exceptionally picky until you started finding the meat out in the bushes.

My wife wants to know why you use the fire starting techniques you use, her words were "they don't sell bics in AK?" I told her my opinion but it is OF COURSE WRONG...

I use black pepper here on elk, so was curious do you have to keep spraying the citric acid on the meat or is a one and done thing.

I also wondered about the sleds but see you answered it above

That sure was some beautiful country you showed thanks for showing it to me, gorgeous water

OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
sorry Squirrel I missed your question....I prefer steel wool (0000) and any battery terminal with birch bark tinder (burns when moist too) over a Bic lighter because once it's wet it wont spark until the flint dries out again. Sometimes an immediate fire means everything. Plus a Bic just ain't that cool!