Hunt and Fish

lmeyer

WKR
I've been looking for a hunting partner to do a elk hunt this year and have a friend that is interested in going. He is a novice to hunting but is wanting to go. He would like to be in an area that we could do some fishing too. Any one have suggestions of a OTC or leftover Tag that we could do both? State doesnt matter but was looking at left over in WY or montana, OTC in CO or idaho. Not looking for a trophy, just opportunity on any elk. I fish too, but being from south louisiana, really only know salt water and am lost on stream and alpine lakes.

Good luck with leftover tags in Wyoming/Montana

My advice is to go solo over taking a non hunting person on a trip. Two totally different "sports"

If you can grab a Montana leftover tag, theres a tone of good areas for hunting and fishing. With a little research you can get both in the same area.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
L

lmeyer

WKR
Dumb me... I let the draw for mt pass because the article I read said there would be left overs. Didnt realize at the time the article was several years old and tags sell out now. Newbie mistakes.

lyingflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
Colorado Parks and Wildlife has a fishing atlas that you can use to help you find an otc unit in Colorado with fishing close by too. I have fished over a dozen stillwater lakes and reservoirs listed on it and have found success in each of them.

Hunt and fish. My 2 favorite things to do. Haven't been able to bring myself to fish while hunting though. I figure I can fish 10 months outta the year. I'm lucky if I can hunt 1-2 months. But today was a good day. The Western 'eyes are starting to bite in my neck of the woods ;) so are the smallies :)

Attachments

• KIMG1247.JPG
    KIMG1247.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 9
Hunt and fish. My 2 favorite things to do. Haven't been able to bring myself to fish while hunting though. I figure I can fish 10 months outta the year. I'm lucky if I can hunt 1-2 months. But today was a good day. The Western 'eyes are starting to bite in my neck of the woods ;) so are the smallies :)

Attachments

• KIMG1248.JPG
    KIMG1248.JPG
    280 KB · Views: 9