Hunt Backcountry Podcast Archive

ExoMtnGear

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey everyone,

We wanted to jump on here real fast and let everyone know about the new Podcast Archive. You can now browse or search the 400+ episodes that we have released over the years. You can search by topic ("target panic"), guest ("Paul Medel"), or other keywords ("budget gear").

https://exomtngear.com/podcast

Thanks to everyone who has tuned-in and listened to the podcast for the past 6 years! We look forward to future episodes, and as always, email [email protected] for any questions, show suggestions, or feedback.

Best of luck this season!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone,

We wanted to jump on here real fast and let everyone know about the new Podcast Archive. You can now browse or search the 400+ episodes that we have released over the years. You can search by topic ("target panic"), guest ("Paul Medel"), or other keywords ("budget gear").

https://exomtngear.com/podcast

Thanks to everyone who has tuned-in and listened to the podcast for the past 6 years! We look forward to future episodes, and as always, email [email protected] for any questions, show suggestions, or feedback.

Best of luck this season!
Hey great idea Jake. I posted this thread to the top of the forum for a few months to make sure everyone knows it's available.

OP
ExoMtnGear

ExoMtnGear

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey great idea Jake. I posted this thread to the top of the forum for a few months to make sure everyone knows it's available.
Thanks a bunch, Robby. We sure do appreciate it.

Here is the latest podcast that we have released... https://exomtngear.com/blogs/podcast/286

HUNT BACKCOUNTRY PODCAST 286 | STAYING COMFORTABLE IS DANGEROUS WITH MICHAEL EASTER

"Backcountry hunting is a pursuit that goes against our "progressively sheltered, sterile, temperature-controlled, overfed, underchallenged, and safety-netted lives." Tune in to hear about the dangers of comfort, how hunting can be the antithesis to constant comfort, and what science says is wrong with our modern, comfortable, first-world lives. Our guest is Michael Easter, author of The Comfort Crisis."

We will continue to upload any new episodes here for anyone that wants to tune-in!

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks a bunch, Robby. We sure do appreciate it.

Here is the latest podcast that we have released... https://exomtngear.com/blogs/podcast/286

HUNT BACKCOUNTRY PODCAST 286 | STAYING COMFORTABLE IS DANGEROUS WITH MICHAEL EASTER

"Backcountry hunting is a pursuit that goes against our "progressively sheltered, sterile, temperature-controlled, overfed, underchallenged, and safety-netted lives." Tune in to hear about the dangers of comfort, how hunting can be the antithesis to constant comfort, and what science says is wrong with our modern, comfortable, first-world lives. Our guest is Michael Easter, author of The Comfort Crisis."

We will continue to upload any new episodes here for anyone that wants to tune-in!

I listened to this episode the other day. One of the best podcasts I've heard in a while.

The only thing I personally didn't care for was all of Michael's references to evolution as if it was fact instead of a theory. Still some really great info about how humanity has progressed over the last 100 years.

OP
ExoMtnGear

ExoMtnGear

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback on the latest podcast. We just released a new one with Rokslide's own, @Justin Crossley. You can check it out here... https://exomtngear.com/blogs/podcast/287.

HUNT BACKCOUNTRY PODCAST 287 | SCOUTING FOR SUCCESS WITH JUSTIN CROSSLEY

"Justin Crossley joins us to talk about his scouting strategy for out-of-state hunts. We talk about e-scouting, how to plan a scouting trip to a new area, how to make the best use of time, glassing strategies, and much more. No matter what species you're hunting, and if you are scouting digitally or with boots on the ground, you will certainly learn something from this episode."

Thanks for hopping on with us, Justin!

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback on the latest podcast. We just released a new one with Rokslide's own, @Justin Crossley. You can check it out here... https://exomtngear.com/blogs/podcast/287.

HUNT BACKCOUNTRY PODCAST 287 | SCOUTING FOR SUCCESS WITH JUSTIN CROSSLEY

"Justin Crossley joins us to talk about his scouting strategy for out-of-state hunts. We talk about e-scouting, how to plan a scouting trip to a new area, how to make the best use of time, glassing strategies, and much more. No matter what species you're hunting, and if you are scouting digitally or with boots on the ground, you will certainly learn something from this episode."

Thanks for hopping on with us, Justin!

Hopefully, the episode helps a few people. I enjoyed doing it!

OP
ExoMtnGear

ExoMtnGear

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Roksliders,

Hopping on here to share another podcast we released this morning. Here is the link to listen... https://exomtngear.com/blogs/podcast/288

HUNT BACKCOUNTRY PODCAST 288 | HUNT ELK BY YOURSELF — HERE'S HOW...

In this episode, we are joined by two experienced solo elk hunters, Tyler Boschma and Nathan Jones. We discuss answers to YOUR questions about solo elk hunting, including...

How to get started if you have limited hunting experience? How do you manage the fear or other mental challenges of being solo? What safety precautions should the solo hunter take? What elk hunting strategies should the solo hunter use? How should you set up and call elk when you're by yourself? What is the best way to break down an elk when you're all alone? How many trips does it take to pack out an elk by yourself? And much more...

Thanks for tuning-in!

7-Pointers

Lil-Rokslider
Far and away my favorite hunting podcast. I'm sure I've listened to more than 800 episodes since I know I've listened each one at least twice, some 10X when they're really good (e.g. the rucking episode).

OP
ExoMtnGear

ExoMtnGear

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Glad to hear that you guys are enjoying the Podcast Archive, we have been loving the feedback. For those who haven't already checked it out, we just released a new podcast talking about water in the backcountry! For those interested, check it out here... https://exomtngear.com/blogs/podcast/289

HUNT BACKCOUNTRY PODCAST 289 | BACKCOUNTRY DRINKING WATER — RISKS & TREATMENT

As backcountry hunters, we rely upon natural water sources for life-giving hydration on multi-day expeditions into remote locations. We all know we "should" filter these water sources, but sometimes we may drink straight from the source. This brings up some questions... How does water become contaminated in remote locations? What are the risks of drinking untreated water in wilderness locations? What are the different types of water treatment methods (filtration, chemicals, UV, etc), and are they all equally effective?

We answer these questions, and MANY more, in this podcast episode with Dr. Vincent Hill. Vince is the Chief of the Waterborne Disease Prevention Branch for the CDC.

Let us know your thoughts!

OP
ExoMtnGear

ExoMtnGear

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Roksliders,

We just released another podcast this morning. Many experienced and knowledgeable hunters often forget what it is like to be a beginner. A lesson they learned through experience in years past is now something they do by instinct, rather than forethought. In this show, we discuss the things that beginning backcountry hunters should know as they get started...

HUNT BACKCOUNTRY PODCAST 290 | WHAT I WISH I KNEW WHEN I STARTED BACKCOUNTRY HUNTING

exomtngear.com/blogs/podcast/290