Hunt Planning Resources

Hey everyone. I’ll try to keep this short. I am set to move out to Colorado Springs in August. I’m a relatively new hunter and BRAND new to planning a hunt somewhere I don’t live. I’m planning a 4-5 day backcountry trip for opening archery season and my biggest question is location. Does anyone have recommendations on ways I can research GMUs from afar other than scanning terrain through google earth?/Overall recommendations on where to start? I’m applying for an elk and mule deer tag, and will be jazzed at any species/gender I can pull- I am just starting with square one: what zone do I want?

I’ve looked at last year’s draw stats and the CO hunting atlas to try and get a better idea- it’s just tough having never been to the area.

I have above average backcountry experience due to the military and am really trying to “get out there”

Honestly, I will take any/all recommendations.

Thanks for the all the help!

-Derek

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I apologize for missing this thread, shoot me a message. I will help you get set up on TagHub with a free trial and even walk you through how to get the best out of Colorado.

OP
J
I apologize for missing this thread, shoot me a message. I will help you get set up on TagHub with a free trial and even walk you through how to get the best out of Colorado.
No worries brotha! onX treated me well. I would take any CO recommendations tho!