Hunter orange

As fas as I'm aware hunter orange is requited in Washington state even during the high buck hunt. I hate those light cheap vest that you can buy. For the regular season I have the nice fleece vests but I think they may be a little heavy for the sept high buck. Are there any nice light vest that you guys use? If they were quiet that would be nice also. Thanks

Mike7

WKR
The best thing that I have found are those little orange mesh runner's vests. They weight almost nothing, cost nothing, are breathable for hot weather use, and can go on over any clothing since they attach by elastic straps with velcro on the sides (the ones I like are open on the sides and completely closed mesh in back and front). They are also great to mark where you last saw a bird go down or hang in a tree where you last saw blood. I think I last picked up a couple at the Px when I was in the military. Maybe these though are the light cheap ones that you're not wanting?

OP
pyroducksx3
Funny how things work out. I posted this and then went and started watching some outdoor channel show and they were hunting caribou wearing underarmor hunting vests. these look like what I may be looking for but I'll keep checking stuff out as the season is still a ways off.

B

bearguide

i am with mike7 i like the cheap mash stuff, so if i loose it i do not care

If you can legally use the mesh it would be the lightest ... I haven't gotten to see the Under Armour ones BUT they do make good clothing and light weight too.