Huntin Fool, Epic Outdoors. OTC Hunt info

180ls1

WKR
How good is the info on OTC western states with Huntin Fool or Epic? I am looking for advice that goes beyond the information you can find on GoHunt (im a member, love it). Specifically I am thinking of changing AZ OTC deer units and want to know how good of info either service has. Thanks!

OP
180ls1

180ls1

WKR
I'm going to be completely honest: there are zero OTC secrets left in the west that are widely available in any publication, even if you pay money for it. Save your money, go out and hunt.
Thanks. I get that to a certain extent however I've invested 6-7 years into a poor unit. I am looking one with better deer numbers but not insane pressure so I am not sure how helpful one of these services would be. $100 is one way there in gas for me so its not much $$$ respectively.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most of these services focus on advising which unit spending your points in will help meet your hunting goals and then connecting you with members that have hunted the unit in the past.

My advise would be to give them a call mid - November or early December and talk to them about the info your looking to aquire if your a member. I've found them all pretty personable and up front with what benefits membership offers.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Have you tried the state game website? They tend to be the generation and access point for the data the pay for sites use.

OP
180ls1

180ls1

WKR
I use hunting Fool mainly for the application process.
So I am pretty well covered with the research I already have? State website, forums, GoHunt, friends/family?

I am wondering how much another service would really add....

wmr89

Lil-Rokslider
You can probably get the info you are looking for by researching state agency websites and talking to state biologists. That said, Epic has hired a lot of former state biologists, especially from Utah, so they have a lot of knowledge, research skills, and connections to other biologists and hunters.

If you have the time and skill to do the research and make the calls then you can do it yourself. If you don't want to spend the time or get in to the nitty gritty of state management plans and making a ton of phone calls then you should consider using one of these consultants who have connections and have already done the research.

I haven't personally used Epic of Hunting Fool. But only because I am not hunting much out of state right now, so I can focus on a couple in state units and spend the time to research them thoroughly on my own. For $100, I plan on using Epic as I start to use my points in other states.