Hunting and Camping Near RMNP

So I have an elk tag in CO next to Rocky Mountain National Park. I called the park to just check on some rules to make sure I stayed legal. The first call I was told no camping within .5 miles of the park boundary (even on the national forest side) but we could hunt up to the boundary. I called again a few weeks later and was told no camping with 1 mile and no hunting within 1 mile of the boundary. I read all their posted rules and neither is mentioned. Now its not my intention to ride the boundary but I want to know what is legal. I don't see how the park can make rules outside of their boundary. Does anyone have any insight?

Don't call the park. Call the forest service.

I wouldn't call either and would just stay out of the park. There are however, access points where you can cross through the park to hunt the forest. They have orange signs for "hunter access" and none say anything about any buffer zones.

You most likely got bullshit from some park employees.

OP
Vansomerenc
Don't call the park. Call the forest service.

I wouldn't call either and would just stay out of the park. There are however, access points where you can cross through the park to hunt the forest. They have orange signs for "hunter access" and none say anything about any buffer zones.

You most likely got bullshit from some park employees.
After discussion with CPW sounds like the park is full of shit. Forest service is basically unreachable to contact.

cnelk

WKR
Depending on what side of the park you’ll be hunting, give the Ft Collins Arapahoe Natl Forest Service a call

OP
Vansomerenc
Depending on what side of the park you’ll be hunting, give the Ft Collins Arapahoe Natl Forest Service a call

Good luck reaching anyone I’ve tried that number dozens of times and never got a human

cnelk

WKR
Good luck reaching anyone I’ve tried that number dozens of times and never got a human

I had a few minutes today when I went into FoCo and swung by the Forest Service office on Centre Ave.

Guess what. Parking lot was full of cars, front doors locked and I could see people inside but of course since it’s a government agency, nobody noticed.

Business hours not even posted on the main doors.

What a shame. Typical government wasting tax payers money.

I had a few minutes today when I went into FoCo and swung by the Forest Service office on Centre Ave.

Guess what. Parking lot was full of cars, front doors locked and I could see people inside but of course since it’s a government agency, nobody noticed.

That's disappointing. You can't even stop I'm to grab a map anymore.

They did respond within a couple of days last time I sent an email.

I stopped by a state natural resource agency this spring and experienced the same. When I called from the parking lot, their excuse was "COVID restrictions"!

def90

WKR
CPW would know, I’ve never heard of there being some sort of no hunting buffer zone.. However, if you are hunting the edge and your kill runs in to the park don’t expect to be able to retrieve it.