Hunting/Archery Community in Western WA

Hey all,

I’ll be moving to Seattle for work in the beginning of 2020, and was trying to get a feel for the archery scene up there, and hopefully try to meet some new people to shoot/hunt with. Any locals to the area have any spots you would recommend? Seems like there’s not a big compound archery scene from what I’ve gathered online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
There are quite a few archery ranges and clubs. A lot of great archers in the PNW. Look around for some local clubs and join one to meet some people. Archery is bigger than you may think around here. Good luck!

OP
C
There are quite a few archery ranges and clubs. A lot of great archers in the PNW. Look around for some local clubs and join one to meet some people. Archery is bigger than you may think around here. Good luck!

That’s good to hear, do you have any local recommendations? I’ve seen Skookum and The Nock Point nearby but they seem to have more of a trad/target community

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Depends exactly where you are moving to. If you live in downtown seattle... good luck. But out of town there are quite a good amount of clubs. None of the ranges are specific to one type or the other. They all have different tournaments and have ranges for all. There are a lot of target archers and places like skookum host some state tournaments. Cedar river bowmen is a great range as well. Feel free to PM me if you dont feel like posting exactly where you are moving to. I live in Orting

OP
C
Depends exactly where you are moving to. If you live in downtown seattle... good luck. But out of town there are quite a good amount of clubs. None of the ranges are specific to one type or the other. They all have different tournaments and have ranges for all. There are a lot of target archers and places like skookum host some state tournaments. Cedar river bowmen is a great range as well. Feel free to PM me if you dont feel like posting exactly where you are moving to. I live in Orting

Honestly, my office is based in Kent so I’m thinking I’m gonna try living in Tacoma this time around. I lived in Seattle for 3 years until I got sick of it, then moved to Florida and got more interested in archery and hunting and found myself missing the northwest.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My buddy lives north of seattle and shoots his bow all the time. They have some good 3D shoots and ranges around there according to him

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Ah, well in that case you also have Tacoma Sportsman near Spanaway and Grays harbor bowmen. I work in Tacoma and usually shoot out at Skookum. There are a couple decent archery shops as well.

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot at Skookum, can be busy at times but it’s got a flat range and a few walk through courses.

OP
C
Is there anywhere you can shoot more than 50yd over there?

OP
C
Skookum has 100yard flat range and the walk through courses range from 5 yards to 90+ yards

Oh wow, that’s fantastic. Looks like I’ll steering clear of Seattle and living down South

Yeah - Skookum has targets out to 80 yards on the flat range. I forget the longest on the walk through course, but likely in the 60-70 yard range. Tacoma Sportsmen's walk through range has some out to 80 or 90 if I remember correctly.

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Skookum is also building a pretty sweet indoor range if you are a member so you can shoot inside during the offseason. You can pay a few bucks and shoot the flat range and walk through courses or become a member and have access to everything including the private covered range

Hoh Down

FNG
Archery is actually pretty big here best I can tell. As others have said,Tacoma Sportsman’s Club in Puyallup is the best out that way. I drive the half hour out to KBH on the peninsula though.

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
Skookum has out to 100 on the flat range and one of the walk through has a shot about that far as well. The members range is covered (the shooting line) and has lights so you can shoot at night or early morning. Broadhead pits out to 50 as well.