Hunting boot for big feet

nn76858

FNG
I recently bought a pair of Hanwag Macro Combis size 14 and have worn them all last spring turkey season to try and break them in. I really like the boot but i have a pair of sheep feet insoles due to really flat feet. They take up a bit of room in the boots and they are a little snug in the toes. I am hoping to go on my 1st elk hunt this year and am concerned about foot comfort but also realized there are not a lot of options larger than 14. I wear a 14 shoe and muck boot etc........any good options or reccomendations from some guys that have a similar larger shoe size would be greatly appreciated.

sram9102

WKR
I have a pair of Lowa Tibets in 14s that are very comfortable. Spenco inserts for me since I also have extremely flat feet. But they are going strong still 3+ seasons in.

jd270win

FNG
I recently bought a pair of Hanwag Macro Combis size 14 and have worn them all last spring turkey season to try and break them in. I really like the boot but i have a pair of sheep feet insoles due to really flat feet. They take up a bit of room in the boots and they are a little snug in the toes. I am hoping to go on my 1st elk hunt this year and am concerned about foot comfort but also realized there are not a lot of options larger than 14. I wear a 14 shoe and muck boot etc........any good options or reccomendations from some guys that have a similar larger shoe size would be greatly appreciated.
I wear a 15 in my work boots (Bellville) and athletic shoes. I use size 16 Lowa Tibets and Caminos for hunting, depending on terrain. With good aftermarket insoles and socks, the 16s lace up tight and still leave enough room for feet swelling. I used size 15 Tibets for a sheep hunt and after 4-5 days my toes started getting jammed up on descents. I had a similar experience with Hanwag Alaskans in size 15, but those boots were very comfortable for the first couple of days of the hunt…

Kenetrek makes larger sizes as well, but I have no experience with them.

Sole has heat moldable insoles in 3 thicknesses. I have narrow, low arch feet. Size 14 narrow Kennetrek Mountain extreme fit well. I add Sole insoles to my Danner boots.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That’s easy switch to the Hanwag Ancash II, it’s designed for wider forefoot feet.

It’s basically widest last Hanwag makes in the toe area

Rock-o

WKR
I have Crispi Hunter GTX size 14. Fits me well. I chose them over Kenetrek which seemed narrow-ish especially in the heel.

Check out Lowa boots from Germany. The Tibet GTX comes up to size US 16 (Big Foot) and is available in the US directly from the manufacturer: https://www.lowaboots.com/mens/backpacking-mountain-hunting/tibet-gtx-sepia-black

The boot is available in a medium and wide last; great mountain hunting boot in high and standard version!
I have worn LOWA boots for decades since I grew up in Germany.
LOWA also offers narrow lasts and different models via their German website which is also displayed in English and they ship to the US.

JoshOR

Lil-Rokslider
Crispi Idahos are crazy wide. All kinds of toe room for my wide feet. Not sure how large they go.. good luck in your search!