Hunting boots

Bland316

Lil-Rokslider
What is everyone's go to brand for hunting? Been looking at some crispi's but want to know what everyone else likes

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’ve run a pair of danners for the last 4 years they’ve treated me well but I’m long overdue for a new pair this year, I have it narrowed down to a uninsulated crispy or the Kenetrek hardscrabble I’ve heard great things on both of those. Schnees also makes good boots as well I run a pair of there pac boots for extremely cold hunts when a insulated leather boot just won’t keep my feet warm.

OP
Bland316

Bland316

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve run a pair of danners for the last 4 years they’ve treated me well but I’m long overdue for a new pair this year, I have it narrowed down to a uninsulated crispy or the Kenetrek hardscrabble I’ve heard great things on both of those. Schnees also makes good boots as well I run a pair of there pac boots for extremely cold hunts when a insulated leather boot just won’t keep my feet warm.
I was thinking of using the crispis all season and pairing them with the boot covers and some hand warmers, but I also have insulated boots I can use as well.

I was thinking of using the crispis all season and pairing them with the boot covers and some hand warmers, but I also have insulated boots I can use as well.
Never thought about using boot covers im curious to know how they do. I liked the option with the pac boot to being able to take the wet liner out at the end of they day and dry it off or put a new one In instead of trying pry on a frozen boot in the morning. But that’s just for the backcountry if I had a warm place to dry off every night I wouldn’t need a boot with removable liners.

OP
Bland316

Bland316

Lil-Rokslider
True

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
Uninsulated Scarpa's for Elk hunting and Cabelas Outfitter series 400gr thinsulate for tree stand/whitetail hunting.

mtnDoc

FNG
i have uninsulated zamberlans and love them for hunting in appalachain mtns.

I'd recommend you take every one of the recommendations you'll get with a grain of salt and try on as many brands/sizes as possible. For instance, the 1 shot gear crew may love the Kenetrek's, but I know quite a few guys you couldn't pay to wear them (myself included).

GoHunt has been my go to place for footwear, recently. Take the time to do their foot measurement procedure and compare it against the foot profiles they have for the individual boots. I've had great luck with it for two pairs now, and their CS has been top notch.

I'll throw my current favorite pair of boots into the mix because I haven't seen it mentioned yet, Hanwag Alverstone's.

Good luck!

Mosby

WKR
Mostly Lowa's for me. I wear a pair of insulated Zamberlain's or Schnee Pack boots when it gets cold.