Hunting Boots

BiggMc

FNG
I am new here hoping to get some advise. I am looking for a decent hunting boots that is warm and efficient. Any ideas?

For the money have have had great luck with cabelas brand. Have not bought a new pair in awhile so can't comment on current quality.

Muletrip

FNG
I also have used Cabelas brand and liked them but I have had them for years. My son recently got a pair of Asolo boots and really likes them.

I am new here hoping to get some advise. I am looking for a decent hunting boots that is warm and efficient. Any ideas?

What are you using them for? Treestand? Hauling heavy pack miles up steep elevation in scree? Are you in a dry desert? Wet coastal area? “Efficient “ depends on situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
Not sure what your intended use is, but I recently bought some Salomon 4D GTXs and love them and bought an extra pair when I found some on sale. They aren't insulated, so "warm" is a very relative term, and they would be terrible in a stand if it's very cold. I make them warmer by bringing extra pairs of socks and sometimes liners to switch out, then tying them a little looser to let the insulation do it's work (vs. compressed).

For "efficient" these seem to be really light. "Light" often means sacrificed stiffness and I sense a bit of that, but a great compromise in my opinion.

Lots of great boots out there, biggest thing is to go try some on and define what you'll be using them most for.

Rabbit57

FNG
My favorite for years have been the Italian made Zamberlan. They are expensive. But as expected being Italian made, I’ve gone through 2 pairs with much continuous use besides hunting in 22 years. I’m not exaggerating.

toughluck

FNG
I've had the Crispi Nevada GTX noninsulated now for 3 years. They are pricey but have not leaked. I've abused them through briar thickets and cutovers while deer and turkey hunting and they are holding up well. Temps here in TN do not get as cold for as long as other places but I've hunted in them in 15 degree weather.

snel6424

FNG
It's really going to depend on your intended use. I love my Lowa Renegades, but if you're only treestand hunting, there are much better options out there. My buddy bought some Danner's and he is very happy with them.
After you figure out their primary use, you need to figure out how tall you want them, and whether or not you want them insulated. GTX boots will be waterproof, but if you get the inside wet, they take FOREVER to get dry again.

Trentcamp

FNG
Irish Setters. An old man in a family owned shoe shop tried for years to get me to try a pair. Once I finally did I’ve never looked back. Very little break in time different insulation levels for different applications. A good friend wears them to work, he’s a mechanic. I now buy them from the old mans son by the way.

cmankingsley

Lil-Rokslider
I would second zamberlan. I’m sure any of the high end boots like crispi, keneterek, hanawag etc would treat you well. The zamberlans are a lot nicer and more sturdy than the Salomon, danner, and Irish setter boots I’ve had in the past. The waterproofing has held up a lot better than any of those cheaper boots. I think it’s really worth it to spend the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what your intended use is, but I recently bought some Salomon 4D GTXs and love them and bought an extra pair when I found some on sale. They aren't insulated, so "warm" is a very relative term, and they would be terrible in a stand if it's very cold. I make them warmer by bringing extra pairs of socks and sometimes liners to switch out, then tying them a little looser to let the insulation do it's work (vs. compressed).

For "efficient" these seem to be really light. "Light" often means sacrificed stiffness and I sense a bit of that, but a great compromise in my opinion.

Lots of great boots out there, biggest thing is to go try some on and define what you'll be using them most for.
I like the boot, but this past trip I noticed they leak pretty bad. Pretty comfortable overall.

I've enjoyed my Meindl boots. Have been using the same pair for a few years and have a new pair waiting to be used when the first wears out. They are a decent price at $300.

Beendare

WKR
Tree stand hunting in snow? Western backpack hunt? What temps?
Yeah^ And if you specify how durable you want them to be that would help.

I’m really impressed with the Hoffmans, they are a solidly built along the lines of the Lowa Tibets but better. They will take 20-30 miles to break in But then- awesome.

Rw1981

FNG
I love all the boots from Crispi. I use my Nevada when the weather is warm. For a cold mountain hunt I break out my Lowa Tibets.

Mosby

WKR
I have Lowa, Zamberlain, Irish Setter, Russell, Schnee, Muck and Sorel boots depending on what and where I am hunting and what the temps and weather is. Most of my elk hunting is done in Lowa Tibet's.

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
Crispi... I had some Meindl's and they were great also. Without knowing your conditions, it is hard to say. Crispi has several lines of boots. I am sure they have a set that will work for you. I have the Guide's and will get the Nevada's next.

bdg848

WKR
Don't get Merrells. I bought a winter pair two years ago and they were fantastic for a while. Warm and comfortable. But being winter boots, I only wear them for about 2-3 months each year. This year the stitching has busted letting in snow and cold air. They are essentially worthless at this point. Being that they are two years old, Merrell is beating around the bush with the warranty. But in all reality, they only have about 6 months of actually wear on them. The rest of the time I've owned them, they just sit in the closet. My second pair of Merrells is a lightweight hiking boot. In less than a year the traction rubber has seriously begun peeling from the sole. They said they will warranty this pair but I have to cut the tongues out and send them a picture first for some reason. This is wildly inconvenient to me because they are my work boots also. So now I have to buy a new pair with my money, destroy this pair and send the picture, and then wait for a check from Merrell. Anyway, I feel the durability if lacking with Merrell.

VASolocam

FNG
I have done a lot of backpacking and backpack hunting trips in Colorado and I have found for me that the Crispi boots are the most comfortable over long trips. One of my favorite the Dakota GTX has been discontinued but it is on a really good sale right now at Black Ovis. The other one that I really liked is the Nevada insulated. It’s a very light installation but works well for colder weather hunts that are still somewhat active.