Hunting Boots

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
What's a great hunting boot that is comfortable and durable, but doesn't empty my wallet considering I'm only 19. I'm looking to get a new pair. What has eveyone else liked/used?

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
For Early-Mid Season a3dhunter did a good review on 2 boots that are good and won't blow your wallet. I have the Asolo Saaslong as my backups and they are quite capable. You can find great deals on Asolo at Sierra Trading Post and good deals on Lowa at shoebuy.com. Make sure you use a coupon code on top of the exisiting site price.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?887-Lowa-Ranger-vs-Asolo-Sasslong

Don't know what your budget is but don't skimp on quality for your feet. There are deals to be had you just gotta look and be ready to jump on them.
Lowa, Kenetrek, Schnee's, Hanwag, Crispi are all respected names in boots as well.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How much are you willing to spend would be my first question? Give us a budget to work with and we can go from there, lots of guys on here get great coupon deals for Sierra Trading Post. I just got into a pair of Asolo Sasslongs all said and done for $152.00, and I really like them.

There are used deals out there, what size are you? Somebody may have a pair in their closet that didn't quite fit right that may be right for you.

RUTTIN

WKR
I just got a pair of Danner Pronghorns from Lathrop and Sons with the synergy footbeds for a pretty good price. They have been a great boot for me, and very comfortable with the synergy footbeds. I would defiantly recommend getting some after market footbeds for any boot you get, I think that has made the big difference. Good luck to you in your search.

OP
wk93

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
$200 would be my absolute top. My dad bought a pair for $170 that are pretty nice. Don't remember what they are though.

swat8888

WKR
If you wear an 11 I've got a used pair of Lowa's that have a few more years left in them, especially if you aren't trashing them in the mountains.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Sierra Trading Post. They carry good brands of boots, and with the coupon codes they send out there can be some real steals. PM me if you need a code.

OP
wk93

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Sierra Trading Post. They carry good brands of boots, and with the coupon codes they send out there can be some real steals. PM me if you need a code.

Thank you. Seems like they have great deals. The same boots my dad paid $180 are only $110. I never thought about looking at these guys before. Plus I can enter a code for an extra 25% off.

OR Archer

WKR
Im wearing Under Armour Speedfreaks. Love these boots. Light weight, waterproof, and most importantly theyre comfortable.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
For sub $200 the Asolo Sasslong's posted above are nearly impossible to beat if they fit your feet!!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Nice that comes out to $132 before shipped, certainly less than $150 all up....

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My Sasslongs were with the 35% off, the shipping stunk but oh well. It was a great deal, and I love them. I sold off my older Meindl Alaska Hiker's because of them. I have about 20 miles on them so far and they are very comfortable and the break in has been relatively painless.

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Asolo that I have worn almost every day for three years. Best boots I've ever owned. I forget the model but its the non-gortex leather version that was about $210 when I got them. I don't think they make them without gortex now. I have a new pair of Asolo of lighter weight nylon construction but I don't have a lot of time in them. Got those from Sierra Trading post. Spend as much as you can on good boots. If your feet ain't happy you ain't happy, and not going very far.

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a pair of aslos last night step for 135 shipped 40% more off with their code.sweet deal hope they live up to it.

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my sassalongs and initial thoughts are that u am going to like these boots. Fit in the length and width seems perfect. I get scared buying boots online, but these seem to fit very well