Hunting Clothes Advice

Drewflip

FNG
Looking for any advice or recommendations for my hunting gear set up. I’m planning to use this as a combo for duck and deer season. I’m wanting to spend some money on quality gear cause last year I didn’t like being the Michelin man or cold. TIA

This is what I currently have planned:

Early season:
Sitka lightweight Core Hoody - Timber
Sitka Traverse Pant - Timber

Mid season:
Sitka Jetstream jacket - Timber
Sitka Dakota Pant - Mud or FL Catalyst Soft shell pant - Dry Earth

Late season:
FL Solitude bib - Cipher
FL Solitude jacket - Cipher

I’m hunting in north Texas. The weather can be from the 80s to the low 20 at the end of the season. I planned on layering this gear with each other plus a puffy jacket, lightweight long johns, and a fleeced lined long johns. I also have a separate wading jacket that I use over my layers and my waders. I’m mainly just looking for reviews of the clothing I listed and if there is any advice or recommendations for a better product.

My plan was to use the early season for hunting during September and October and also as hiking gear during the off-season. Hoping for breathability and durability here. Mid season clothes are for November and maybe December white tail hunting. Hoping for durability and warmth for the walk to the stand and sitting. Also looking to use this as a layer under my late season clothes and under my waders and wading jacket during duck season. Late season clothes are for when it’s cold out.

I’ve got the Sitka Delta jacket and Hudson bibs which stop wind and rain completely. I’ve tried several brands and these are the best I’ve found, I recommend bibs over pants because I always managed to sit just the right way for the jackets to ride up and leave me exposed.
I’ve got the Kuiu Axis pants and jacket they’re the perfect mid layer for me under a rain shell they good to 40ish degrees if the wind isn’t blowing. I haven’t tested their wind/waterproofing I always have the Hudson bibs and delta jacket with me.
Firstlite mereno top and bottom long underwear, usually have to vent the zippers in my top/bottom if walking to my stand.
I hunt whitetail and ducks in all weather and bounce between Kentucky and Arkansas, have never needed more than them to stay warm unless the wind was ripping 20+ and temps was below 30.
We usually chase striper and smallies Nov-March and on long boat rides with the above layers I’m fine. If it’s less than 30 the Sitka traverse hoodie or jacket is a litter warmer than the axis jacket I end up removing it after we stop to fish. The traverse hoodie and will absolutely cook me if I’m moving around much. I’ve stopped needed a poof jacket if I wear the travers hoodie it’s perfect for long sits bucks the wind really well.
Sitka stuff is in timber from the waterfowl line, Kuiu is vias pattern, I’ve got the first light in earth tones the guide pants and chama hoodie for bow and Turkey season they breathe good and have held up pretty well just avoid saw briars and barbed wire or you’ll be sewing.
I usual run the first light till early October and bring the rain gear along. Once it cools a bit I wear the firstlite to my stand and throw on the Kuiu once I cool off, still bring the rain gear if it looks like rain. Rifle season I’ll bring all three unless I’m blind hunting with a heater and windows I’m liking the old man style of rifle hunting more and more. This past year with the crazy wind and colder than normal temps I hunted a blind with windows shut and heater on wearing minimal layers, none of my buddy’s hunted those days unless in a blind like mine.
Check poshmark.com for used gear it’ll save you lots of money if your a normal sized guy.

Kryptek aegis bibs and jacket for late season. Thank me later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk