Hunting clothes that don’t catch burrs

Hey everyone! I’m looking for some suggestions on hunting clothes that don’t act like the soft fuzzy side of Velcro. I spend soooo much time getting burrs out of my clothes it’s ridiculous.

I tried to place an order with day one camo for their cowboy suede a month ago and it’s been crickets and no answer to phone calls, voicemails or emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would think it has to be a smooth surface with no texture to it. I have a pair of Cabela's Microtex pants that do pretty well with it, they pick them up but you can pull them off more easily. I also have a pair of sitka pants that are very smooth and don't pick up burrs. I like to wear fleece pants for silence and warmth and they of course pick up everything.

OP
T
I would think it has to be a smooth surface with no texture to it. I have a pair of Cabela's Microtex pants that do pretty well with it, they pick them up but you can pull them off more easily. I also have a pair of sitka pants that are very smooth and don't pick up burrs. I like to wear fleece pants for silence and warmth and they of course pick up everything.

I’ve been using various cabelas stuff. This is what my pants look like within five yards walking through the woods by my place.

cb0c33b71adeb82be4499b66ad2e03c2.jpg

You need material with more nylon to keep the burrs off. Anything with a brushed surface or microfleece etc is the opposite of what you need. Kuiu Kutana is a step in the right direction.

For really bad brush and burrs like that velcro pants photo above, you need something like nylon North Face Paramount pants. Tough as hell in the brush, but not super quiet. Zero burrs.

Hey everyone! I’m looking for some suggestions on hunting clothes that don’t act like the soft fuzzy side of Velcro. I spend soooo much time getting burrs out of my clothes it’s ridiculous.

I tried to place an order with day one camo for their cowboy suede a month ago and it’s been crickets and no answer to phone calls, voicemails or emails.

I just stopped by Day 1 Camo yesterday and their stuff looks pretty nice. Not sure why they didn't call you back but you might try again. He did mention that at least one of their pants/material is burr-proof. I'm gonna stop by again to get a better look as I'm wanting some pants and just hate to buy stuff without seeing it which can be challenging for some brands. Plus they are made locally in the Denver area. fyi, he did say he's wanting to sell the business as he's been doing it a long time and just ready to retire.

OP
T
I just stopped by Day 1 Camo yesterday and their stuff looks pretty nice. Not sure why they didn't call you back but you might try again. He did mention that at least one of their pants/material is burr-proof. I'm gonna stop by again to get a better look as I'm wanting some pants and just hate to buy stuff without seeing it which can be challenging for some brands. Plus they are made locally in the Denver area. fyi, he did say he's wanting to sell the business as he's been doing it a long time and just ready to retire.

He eventually did get back to me a couple of weeks later and I have received my order. It’s not exactly burr proof but definitely burr resistant. So far I’m happy with my order.

He eventually did get back to me a couple of weeks later and I have received my order. It’s not exactly burr proof but definitely burr resistant. So far I’m happy with my order.

Curious what fabric you bought. Was it the cowboy suede or ? I'm interested in pants for early season so I don't want a heavy fabric. I really like the brand I have relative to the side zips that can vent heat but assume Day 1 does not have that feature.

OP
T
Curious what fabric you bought. Was it the cowboy suede or ? I'm interested in pants for early season so I don't want a heavy fabric. I really like the brand I have relative to the side zips that can vent heat but assume Day 1 does not have that feature.

I got the cowboy suede.

Hoeger

FNG
Any suggestions on upland vests that stay burr free? I like having the combination of an orange vest but with game pouch and other pockets

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Dumb as you may think I am or fanboy endorser- the burrpaw was money so well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk