Hunting clothing for normal sized people

curt514

FNG
What brand Camo and base layers fit the best for normal to larger sized people?

It seems every thing made is tailored for someone who is 6-2 and weighs 160lbs. I am 5-10 and weight 220lbs. Don’t get me wrong, I do have some extra cushion I could loose, but everything I try is super tight in the arms and the legs. I tried some Sitka outer layers in XL tonight and with just a t-shirt on there is no way to pull the sleeves up over my wrist. I may not even be able to get it on with a couple base layers or a hoodie.
I have to same thing with pants. Normally I wear a 34 to 36x32 depending on the brand. I have to search for jeans that fit let along camo. What is up with all the damn skinny jeans! If I get the right sizing around the waist then the thighs are so tight I can barely squat down. If I find something that fits in the legs I am struggling to keep them up because everything else is so baggy. I have some 5-11 Apex pants I love and I found some Ariat jeans that are good enough for work but no luck with anything camo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
It should be really easy for you to getting cloths that fit since you know your seize, check out Cabela and other online store.

NEhunter

WKR
I’m 5’9 and will fluctuate between 190 and 210 depending upon my goals. Sitka works awesome for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xcutter

WKR
My experience with First Lite fitment has been excellent. If anything I feel that there clothes run a little on the big side. Corrugate Guide Pant, Klamath hoody, llano to name a few.

revcwood

FNG
Same pant size as you, and similar build (5'11" 225). I have found Prana Zions (36x32) to be a good fit for me. I ended up getting several pairs and wear them both for hunting and for "normal days" also. I suggest trying them on at REI. I bought one pair there to try out because of the return policy. I ordered the other pairs from Amazon, where they show up around $50 depending on color.

I second Xcutter's assessment of FL clothes - I run the Klamath fleece and their base layers in Lg. I just got 2 of the merino baselayers from Black Ovis (short sleeve and long sleeve) and they fit well in Lg,

Diesel

WKR
Lonald & Keepriding

I have looked at Sitka for two years and have not bought a piece. Size (especially in the arms ) seem to be the problem for most and keeps me from pulling the trigger. And then there is the price.

There are no stores to try the stuff on anywhere near me.

Curious what pieces you have and what sizes.

Thanks