Hunting Clothing

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
bigbaddad71 must be a great hunter with all his gear, unless he’s scaring all the game away with his laughter toward normal people.
You've got this all wrong.. I mocked your mockery of those that use tech gear.. I personally don't care what anyone wears when they hunt.. You went out of your way to be critical of what people chose to wear.. I made NO claims as to the kind of hunter anyone is or isn't. I laughed, as you put it, at your arrogance and ignorance as to the utility of good gear.. Now I could make a bunch of ignorant assumptions as to how you probably never haul your fat ass more than a few yards from the truck, and as such, gear would not make a difference.. But. I'm not that kind of ass, sir.. You are... Good day.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

There’s no hate towards anything. I just don’t get it. So many people think they need to spend a fortune on that apparel to start hunting. I’m just saying it’s not necessary at all. Others in here were the ones who bashed plaid, Wranglers, and Filson. You might have to reread the thread BeaverHunter.
I read the whole thread. It seems this thread was started in an attempt to mock/razz/take light hearted shots at people who wear Sitka/first lite/kuiu. I didn’t take offense to it. I got a good laugh out of it because I think we are all guilty of focusing on the gear more than we should sometimes. It’s the “if I only had this” syndrome. Like a new pair of pants is going to magically cause me to get a 350 bull.

OP
T

tshunter

FNG
You've got this all wrong.. I mocked your mockery of those that use tech gear.. I personally don't care what anyone wears when they hunt.. You went out of your way to be critical of what people chose to wear.. I made NO claims as to the kind of hunter anyone is or isn't. I laughed, as you put it, at your arrogance and ignorance as to the utility of good gear.. Now I could make a bunch of ignorant assumptions as to how you probably never haul your fat ass more than a few yards from the truck, and as such, gear would not make a difference.. But. I'm not that kind of ass, sir.. You are... Good day.

You are a clown!

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
You are a clown!
Little nervy aren't you..? Don't like being called on your ignorance and hypocrisy? Here's a tip.. Don't make your ignorance and arrogance plain and you can't be called on it.. As for name calling, it points to other flaws in your intelligence and character than you have already made plain here...

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
There’s no hate towards anything. I just don’t get it. So many people think they need to spend a fortune on that apparel to start hunting. I’m just saying it’s not necessary at all. Others in here were the ones who bashed plaid, Wranglers, and Filson. You might have to reread the thread BeaverHunter.
Oh, and I didn't bash non tech gear.. I took a shot at the attitude towards it..

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
This thread got a little serious in a hurry. Let’s bring a little sarcasm to the thread: I know the only the reason I shot this bull on a general season tag was because I was wearing a matching Kuiu shirt and pants. View attachment 147722
Awesome bull! And your sarcasm is perfect.. We all know that the critters don't care about brand or pattern..

As a free American I can spend money when, how, and on what of my choosing.

As a free American, you can say whatever horse drivel you like. It says nothing about the people you mock, just more about you.

Isn't America GREAT!

IdahoElk

WKR
I like buying the best clothes I can because spending a week in the backcountry miserable ,cold and wet sucks.
The first year I bought high end clothes I thought the prices were crazy but now I'm comfortable out in any weather,any temp. Kuiu just happens to fit me perfect and it plain works,that's why I wear it. I don't really get the fan boy stuff because I never see anyone where I hunt.

For me it's about being comfortable. If I'm comfortable, not cold or wet, I'll stay longer and have more success. And for me that starts with great merino base layers. The rest of it I could do without, if I had too, but I do also love my First Lite Woodbury coat.

I get a kick out of the "I hunt deer and never needed camo or 'technical gear' so therefore it's useless" argument. Not all people only hunt deer in their backyard. People kill predators and turkeys every year in solids too but there's no argument to be made that in close quarters pattern disruption will most certainly increase your odds with those species. If I was hunting in my alley and going home at the end of the day I could cotton up in mossy oak with no issues and throw it in the washing machine at the end of the day, going from hiking up a 30° slope with a 50# pack on to stationary glassing for a few minutes then right back to hiking on the other hand is a different story, especially when it's on extended trips where synthetics stink to high heaven within a day or two. Only reason I see the value in "technical" gear now is because I spent enough uncomfortable days/nights on the mountain to know better...and bow hunting animals that see a bit better than an ungulate is enough of a challenge without doing it in all solids, maybe I'm just unlucky though and need all the help I can get lol

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Who cares what other people wear or don’t wear out there?

Do people actually pay attention to what other hunters are wearing? I go out with a few buddies multiples times every year and I couldn’t tell you what a single piece of their clothing is or looks like. Go enjoy hunting and worry about what works well for you and what you do.

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
As another newer person on this forum, I’ll tell the OP that starting a thread like this and then calling members that have an opinion that is different than yours “clowns” is a good way to get yourself banned. If you enjoy the wealth of information that this forum provides and want to participate I’d suggest sitting back and enjoying what others have to say....

I don’t need any of this specialized technical gear no one really does. But I like it and can afford it so I’ll buy it and be more comfortable. I’ve spent money on dumber shit in my youth. If I had half the money I wasted at the bars or on dope I would have way more cool shit to piss people off who say “I don’t need that technical gear”. As they post on a forum for gear🤦‍♂️That’s sponsored by said companies.