Hunting Fashion

I am beginning to wonder if a hunting fashion show were to air how well it would do. Or maybe just a fashion segment on a popular show. What color "goes with" another color is such a hot topic these days. What color trucks go best with camo patterns? How to properly accessorize your bow with this years top colors. Matching your gun sling to your stock. Should your pack match your boots? So many decisions. :p

I gotta admit, I am driven by an impulse to "make the right like the left" or "the top like the bottom" or have things match in general. I have been known to be meticulous, anal and methodical. I was just born that way, but I do have a couple camo patterns I use or combine. At the end of the day functionality trumps all.

Camo in general is ridiculous.. i seriously do not think it matters one single bit for most of our hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the most part, I agree. But I think it has it's place. Also on the other hand there is some damn good gear out there in camo patterns.

OP
MuleyFever
Camo in general is ridiculous.. i seriously do not think it matters one single bit for most of our hunting

I don't think camo or color really matters as much as maybe breaking up your shape. I wouldn't hunt in a single solid color though. I do tent to have most of my clothing in one pattern.

I am beginning to wonder if a hunting fashion show were to air how well it would do. Or maybe just a fashion segment on a popular show. What color "goes with" another color is such a hot topic these days. What color trucks go best with camo patterns? How to properly accessorize your bow with this years top colors. Matching your gun sling to your stock. Should your pack match your boots? So many decisions. :p

Sarcasm detected. There are people out there that do match clothing though. I have no idea why...i tend to buy the product that fits a need.
Cant have last years camo pattern because doesnt match? Well i will take that item at 50% of please and thank you.
Another good one is when guys put on face paint all matching and pretty...hahaha!

Part of the fashion show could be judged on application of face paint to match camo patterns.
"Oh wow frank i love what he did with his under eye that dark brown really makes his oak leaves pop on his mossy oak cardigan."
"You see how the lines he put on his cheek pair up with the digital pattern on his Sitka open country? That is the sign of a really good hunter...you know he kills big whitetails"

grfox92

WKR

I bowhunt whitetail in the Northeast. I ditched the camo 5 years ago and went with simple earthtones.

I haven't been visually busted by a deer I those 5 years and I shoot a big buck every year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think a lot of it stems from the hunting shows people watch. Since the host gets a monster wearing a certain set of gear, then it stands to reason that if I wear that gear I too will be successful in my hunt.
Heck, I'm thinking if I get the Realtree Chevy Pickup special edition the deer won't even detect me arriving an hour after daylight since they won't see my truck arrive and I can just drive out into the woods and park.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Part of the fashion show could be judged on application of face paint to match camo patterns.
"Oh wow frank i love what he did with his under eye that dark brown really makes his oak leaves pop on his mossy oak cardigan."
"You see how the lines he put on his cheek pair up with the digital pattern on his Sitka open country? That is the sign of a really good hunter...you know he kills big whitetails"

What on earth? The fashion show would be with the Victoria Secret models......."frank".....what the heck.

I'm too anal to care about the creative, artsy, color combinations.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe that new kuiu store will have a catwalk? Oh, no Did he just wear cipher with sub alpine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
I think a lot of it stems from the hunting shows people watch. Since the host gets a monster wearing a certain set of gear, then it stands to reason that if I wear that gear I too will be successful in my hunt.
Heck, I'm thinking if I get the Realtree Chevy Pickup special edition the deer won't even detect me arriving an hour after daylight since they won't see my truck arrive and I can just drive out into the woods and park.

If marketing didn't work companies wouldn't spend millions of $$ on it every year.

boom

WKR
there is a reason there isnt a full length mirror at my hunting camp. we dont give a eff. i dont match at all. i'm happy if i am dry, warm, agile and my ass crack aint showing.

What on earth? The fashion show would be with the Victoria Secret models......."frank".....what the heck.

I'm too anal to care about the creative, artsy, color combinations.

That was Jimmy talking to Frank...both are judges. The judges would be next to the catwalk sitting on a cooler full of busch light...

Takes me over a half hour to apply my face paint in the morning before a hunt...and it looks goooooooood.
The hardest part is getting the right shading for my eyelids...

I will say that I have matching stuff and some other stuff that doesnt match at all, what I wear depends on what and when I'm hunting....as long as I have my blue fruit of the loom undies on I'm set!