Hunting Food

hcaudle

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve done the summer sausage/cheese/crackers game with good results. Usually cut a small summer sausage in half, with 1 package of MRE jalapeño cheese spread and a couple sailor/pilot bread crackers and put into a small baggie to go into the the “1 day’s food” ziplock gallon bag. In mid-September/October Colorado temps, summer sausage was still edible after 4-5 days.

kabarNC

FNG
I get nauseous just thinking about store-bought freeze dried meals. Im definitely going the summer sausage and cheese route this fall. Summer sausage with jalapeno spread and string cheese packs in a tortilla, or ramen with meat thrown in, and nutella for some sugar.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Very interested in this. The meats keep ok for several days when dehydrated? Do you premake and freeze them.

Sorry I’ve been out hunting turkeys . Yes, the meat keeps ok for along time. I usually do freeze them, and I think they’d last in the freezer pretty much indefinitely. The one in my pic was made last August and I actually never froze it, just kept it in my pantry at home. I just ate it last night in turkey camp and it was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.Clancy

WKR
I've made my own meals, but typically just buy MH. I pretty much make the rest of the food I bring, outside of jelly beans. Homemade Epic Bars, trail mix and monster cookies, bagels with cream cheese and pepperoni.