Hunting Foundations and Hunting Related Companies

JMDavies

WKR
I'd like to lead out by saying I don't know the answer to this and I'm not looking to pick on any individual company. I'm simply looking for a way to support companies that are giving back to hunting related organizations. A lot of conversation goes back and forth about which companies are ant-hunting, but I rarely see or hear about how the hunting companies are supporting hunting foundations and causes. I've been to the last two Sheep Shows and was amazed at the hard work and dedication Stone Glacier presented. With that being said, Kuiu was almost obsolete. I understand the 2019 Sheep Show was a difficult time for Kuiu with Jason passing away (RIP). Like I said above, I'm not interested in picking on an individual company and using Kuiu as an example when talking about The Sheep Shows, but I was disappointed that there wasn't more participation from the leaders in the industry (not just Kuiu). To be clear, I own much more Kuiu gear than Stone Glacier at this point, but I'm seriously considering making my purchase decisions based on how they're giving back. Im a member of 2% for Conservation, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, The Wild Sheep Foundation, Ducks Unlimited and some other more local foundations. Does anyone know a good way to see how these companies are giving back?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess you didn't see kuiu bought some replacement bighorn sheep for Utahs nursery herd on antelope island.

9605d76527be794dc1f9ba4046706db7.jpg

Last edited:
OP
J

JMDavies

WKR
You're correct I didn't. I'm looking for a place that I can hear more about contributions like that.