Hunting frame and side arms

Do yourself a favor and buy a Gunfighters Inc Kenai. If your pack is off and you're taking care of business a gun on your pack will be useless. That Kenai keeps your hand cannon close with your pack on and off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hoot

WKR
Anyone cary a 3 inch 1911? I am searching for the right holster to use and am leery of a kydex paddle style holster because I like a snap cover for the hammer...ideas?

bmart2622

WKR
Hey Tradlife406, how does that Kenai chest rig work with pack and buno harness? Everything still accessible, howd the comfort?

muddydogs

WKR
Maybe in Alaska a guy needs a weapon close at hand while taking a dump but down here in the lower 48 it's just not necessary. Now while hunting my rifle will be within reach because you never know when that deer or elk is going to walk by. Spent 20 years in the wood and most of that time I couldn't carry a weapon and only a couple time I was wishing I had one. The couple times I wished I had one was due to pissed off cow moose and I guess the one time I got charged and knocked down from a pissed sow griz but I made it out alive. Do you guys that have a weapon on you the whole time your in the woods also carry a weapon all the time when back home? I've been more worried about 2 legged animals then I have ever been with 4 legged ones. Don't get me wrong I'm all for carrying and carry all the time but I don't have a problem setting my back down with my pistol on the waist belt a few feet away from me when I need to take a dump.

Carrying an adequate weapon is like having a spare tire for your truck. You lug them around never needing to use them for the most part. But, when you do need them, there is nothing that will replace them.

I'd say MT is a place you better have one at all times while in the woods. There's been several over the last couple yeas that wished they had.

FWIW, I'm a forester here in WV. I spend more time in the woods than most. I'm not afraid of bears even though I've had two encounters that could have went either way. Feral dogs are an entirely different animal. So, I carry 100 percent of the time in the woods and, about 99 percent of the time out of the woods.

God Bless men

muddydogs

WKR
There are 100's if not 1000's of people working in the woods of MT everyday without a firearm, I work with 50 of them. I would bet there are 100's of people working in the WV woods everyday that can't carry a firearm if they want to keep there job. Federal employees aren't allowed to pack a firearm nation wide in general (Alaska and a few other places have different rules due to bears) and I don't know of any Western states that allow state employees to pack as well unless of course it's a law enforcement position. Once again I'm not against carrying I'm just stating that needing to move your weapon from your pack waist belt to your pant belt when you take your pack off to rest or take a dump is serious overkill and not something that most people that have spent some time in the woods find necessary.

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I have the GunfightersINC Kenai chest holster and really like it. I used it last late season elk with my binos and a pack and it was great. I adjusted the straps just a little so it wouldn't interfere with anything, but it was handy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
The Mystery Ranch Quick Draw Bino Harness has MOLLE webbing on the bottom that accepts either their holster (auto or revolver versions) as well as their Bear Spray Holster. You can get them through retailers like Black Ovis, etc.

muddydogs

WKR
The Mystery Ranch Quick Draw Bino Harness has MOLLE webbing on the bottom that accepts either their holster (auto or revolver versions) as well as their Bear Spray Holster. You can get them through retailers like Black Ovis, etc.

I wonder how the weight would carry? Depending on the size of cannon strapped to the bino harness I would assume a guy might feel like he's 9 months pregnant packing around a pistol, bino's and probably a range finder. Might have to zip tie a holster to my bino harness and just see for myself.