Hunting frame and side arms

InDeep

WKR
I'm looking for ideas in holsters and pocket configurations everyone is running. On there kifaru packs .Thanks all

XMP

FNG
What about a chest rig -- either a Guides's Choice or a Hill People Gear kitbag? I use a Guides choice under the pack straps regularly.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks maninthemaze. I really like my setup. I can give you more info if you like the looks of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I wear a blackhawk Serpa with the strike plate molle attachment. Holds the handgun on the belt and is very secure with no bouncing.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
The issue I always struggle with especially in Alaska is dropping your pack for a final approach or stalk and you may leave your side arm behind. I have tried the HPGF chest pack. They work great but impede my style especially with binos.

My latest approach is a Gunfighters Inc Kydex holster with a drop panel. Puts the pistol below your pack waist belt level; and attaches to your pants belt. Pistol is always with you whenever you walk away from your pack and generally out of the way of optics etc.

MattB

WKR
I found a piece online made by Blackhawk that is ~$14 that can easily be modified to adapt any belt holder to the webbing on Kifaru belts - works slick. There is a thread I started on it on the DIY forum.

Not so sound snarky, but when making a final stalk you are going to have a weapon so don't overthink trying to figure out how to have 2.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I found a piece online made by Blackhawk that is ~$14 that can easily be modified to adapt any belt holder to the webbing on Kifaru belts - works slick. There is a thread I started on it on the DIY forum.

Not so sound snarky, but when making a final stalk you are going to have a weapon so don't overthink trying to figure out how to have 2.

I hunt with a stickbow exclusively. I never feel under-gunned except around big bears that are mad:)

I use a Kydex holster with MOLLE-link PALS. A lot like Jordan's. Fits great on my duplex belt right next to my nalgene holder. I think it was made by KCT kydex. Ive had a few gnarly encounters with bears, with this system i don't really worry to much about it. i do like the pouch system that kifaru makes, i might try that out too.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use a Kydex holster with MOLLE-link PALS. A lot like Jordan's. Fits great on my duplex belt right next to my nalgene holder. I think it was made by KCT kydex. Ive had a few gnarly encounters with bears, with this system i don't really worry to much about it. i do like the pouch system that kifaru makes, i might try that out too.

True that. And for the guys wanting to take theirs off for the final approach and such, the malice clips pop off really fast and go on your pants belt. I've done it a lot. I tried a leg holster and one that rides below the hip belt but didn't like them much, this seems to be the best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pierrebuiltknives

Lil-Rokslider
I got a F&N p45 with a custom kydex made by my buddy. I had him put Molle locks. Super easy on and off. I have been putting it on my pack belt since I got it. Super easy to remove and put on my belt.
I plan on making a chest rig to snap on the straps as well to hold the pistol, mag, and flashlight.
Out of all the teklok, attachment methods I like molle locks the best.

Lawnboi

WKR
I just picked up the Kifaru tombstone, giving it a test this week. Not the fastest to draw but covers the gun and with malice clips can be taken off and put on to a belt quickly. Fits a glock 29 well and is nice and stream line

Flashmo

FNG
Tech-lok mounted upside down (hinge down) mounts to one row of PALS very secure. Enough that I forget I have a S&W 629 hanging there. Less than 30 seconds to go from pack belt to pants belt, a little longer to go from pants to pack due to slipping through the PALS.

Nuke Man

WKR
Paddle holster. Any make/model. Snap it on the pack belt, pull it off snap it on your pants belt. It just can't get any easier.

Beendare

WKR
I modded a cordura Safariland holster to fit my SW 629 classic and fit tight on my pack belt. It would be easy to add threaded rivets to make it compatible with a std pants belt...giving you that option.

I didn't like the loose fit of many holster mounts which inhibits a quick draw....

RoJo

WKR
Probably not enough gun for most of you Rambos :) ...but considering I don't hunt in grizzly country, I love the light weight and compactness of the LCR. I have Ready Holsters clipped to the webbing of both the Duplex frame and Scout, and it rides very securely and very out of the way, yet easily at hand.

WP_20170515_001.jpg

Used the Serpa and strike plate on my belt last season. Planning to run a Kenai chest holster under my AGC binos harness this year.

muddydogs

WKR
I've been using this for the last 5 years, Lunar Concealed Carry Pouch. I like how it completely covers the pistol and protects it so I don't have to worry about the pistol getting to wet or dirty when I take my pack off and set it in the dirt.