hunting gps maps downloadable garmin maps discontinued?

sk1

WKR
back when it was huntinggpsmaps.com i bought downloadable maps for garmin basecamp / my garmin gps. i still have and use them on my PC, but trying to find the download for my mac. it appears huntinggpsmaps is now called OnX, and they only offer a chip? id like to have the plots in basecamp. i also have a membership to onx for my phone, not realizing they were the same company

anyone know if you can still get the downloadable maps? does OnX have a way to load the overlay into basecamp?

waiting on a reply from them, but its sunday so who knows if i will hear back yet today

hunt406

FNG
I had their maps downloaded to my PC also. They got rid of that option last year. Now it's just gps chips or subscriptions for your phone and internet. I'm not sure if you can link either to base camp as I haven't tried but I doubt it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
The gps sd card will open in basecamp as it always has. That product hasn't changed, only the delivery method.

thanks, ill have to give them a call tomorrow and see if they will work with me on getting an SD card being that they discontinued the downloadable version, hopefully they will

hunt406

FNG
To update mine I had to pay the $30 fee to update a chip and get the app membership and they gave me a new up to date SD chip.

To update mine I had to pay the $30 fee to update a chip and get the app membership and they gave me a new up to date SD chip.

They did the same for me. Pretty fair deal overall. I kept the original unlock code for the maps as well as the original download.. I had to upgrade to a new computer recently and was able to reinstall the the maps and unlock them for use in Garmin Mapsource and Basecamp. It is easy to see why they only want to support the app and the website so I really don't hold anything against them. OnX maps are pretty awesome.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Well for anyone else that used to own the downloadable version that they no longer make....I called this morning about it. Since they no longer support this version they are sending me the chips of the states I previously purchased for free.

Easy company to deal with, I would have settled for a discounted rate but would have been disappointed at anything less than free. I owned 3 states in the old version and am a premium member currently. Great service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro