Hunting in Argentina (ducks & deer)

McD18

FNG
I'm moving to Argentina for a few years for work and am interested in hunting while we're down there. It looks like they have some solid duck hunting and I'm interested in red stag as well (archery). Having said that, I'm not interested in a canned fenced hunt; I realize the stag live on private estancias but ideally the hunt would be free range-ish.

Anyone have a rec for an outfitter for ducks and/or stags? Not looking to break the bank, don't need fancy accommodations etc...

Is there a locals rate or does everyone pay the gringo price?

Thanks,
McD18

Mt Al

WKR
McD18,
You might check out accuratereloading.com forums, South American Hunting section and look up Juan Pozzi. He doesn't seem to be as active recently, but many accurate reloading posters have hunted with him and he gets high praise.

PablitoPescador

Lil-Rokslider
I lived there for a year and wish I had known about some of the hunting opportunities. The axis deer hunting is truly world class and they’re everywhere in the northern part of the country, especially Corrientes. Learn the language and get to know some of the locals and it’s something you could do DIY. In my experience people there are beyond friendly and willing to help you out. What part of Argentina are you going to be in?

archer109

FNG
I loved hunting stag during the roar down there. Need to get back down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk